You can type here any text you want

DSE Rear Sway Bar vs Aluminum Rear End Cover w/Bearing Support

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I'm having interference between the bar and the adjusting stud & nut on the cover. Guess they didn't think g-body owners would want/need stronger rear ends. I made a spacer to lower the bar at the axle which drops the bar enough that interference appears to be gone. Will test drive tomorrow.
Conrad

A lot depends on rear ride height. Would have been nice if the two legs were 1/2-3/4" longer.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A lot depends on rear ride height. Would have been nice if the two legs were 1/2-3/4" longer.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I agree, mine rubbed as well. The car/bar in the photo must be near stock height. The lower the ride height the higher the bar sits in front of the cover. I had to swivel the brackets back a bit to clear but the bar has a few dents and the powder coat rubbed off where it hit the bolts.

I have a set of HR axle brackets to install. Hopefully the extra 1/2" height will allow me to mount the brackets straight up and down and clear the bolts.

Im getting ready to fit this bar on a new ford 9", I will have to buy new U bolts for the 3" axle tube, but it should work.

I had no rubbing issue with mine, Air I would like to see a picture of what you are looking at

Any updates or pictures on this? The junk Hellwig sway bar is hitting my LPW cover, DSE was an option until I read this thread.... the non-adjustable end links make me nervous as well since you can't level the bar based on ride height. My car sits fairly low in back due to the Eibach springs.

Here's a picture of the Hellwig bar at ride height. It hits the cover with 1-1/8" of bump travel. Sorry for the poor quality, dark in garage by the time I get out there after work.
swaybar12.JPG
swaybar2.JPG

Any updates or pictures on this? The junk Hellwig sway bar is hitting my LPW cover, DSE was an option until I read this thread.... the non-adjustable end links make me nervous as well since you can't level the bar based on ride height. My car sits fairly low in back due to the Eibach springs.

Here's a picture of the Hellwig bar at ride height. It hits the cover with 1-1/8" of bump travel. Sorry for the poor quality, dark in garage by the time I get out there after work.
View attachment 225200 View attachment 225201
Luke,

Are you referring to the DSE bar not having adjustable end links? I think on our website we have an old picture that shows the old style end links, here is the new image showing the adjustable end links that the DSE rear bars come with now...

DSE rear bar.jpg

Back