You can type here any text you want

dse sway bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Instro84

USAF retired
Well i got my dse front sway bar couple weeks ago and went out to install it today and ran into a couple issues. the issues are the bar hits the intercooler. i have a thunderfab slic and the triangulation braces wont clear the slic either. no tryin to decide if i want to send the bars back or go with a front mount?

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 301
Where is it hitting the I/C? In the 2nd pic it looks like it clearing the I/C just fine. On the stock location streached I/C's the bars normally are close to them and are within that "Notched out" area..

If you would have contacted me prior to ordering these I would have mentioned to you that you would have had an issue with the Frame Braces. ALL cars using a SL I/C has this issue with those braces mounting in the stock location.

I say Front mount too! You will benifit from it in the future!!! ;)

Scot W.

just a side note......i have a rjc front mount and the sway bar hits the drivers side pipe...when you install the bar it has plates that bolt into the stock swaybar mounting holes on the frame and studs that position the bar further forward..... i got it to fit by tweaking the intercooler pipe alittle....seems like itll be fine...just a heads up....joel

just a side note......i have a rjc front mount and the sway bar hits the drivers side pipe...when you install the bar it has plates that bolt into the stock swaybar mounting holes on the frame and studs that position the bar further forward..... i got it to fit by tweaking the intercooler pipe alittle....seems like itll be fine...just a heads up....joel
Yeah, With the many types of aftermarket stuff for these cars there will be a few little tweaks that have to be made from time to time.

I have the Eastern Performance front mount on mine and the pipes clear it by inches!

Scot W.

Bootsed make me an offer and it could be yours.

Scott it hard to tell in the second pic it was tilted back because i cant get the top bolt in. i want to keep the bar so if someone makes me a decent offer on the slic i'll go front mount. if not i'll modify the bracketry to get it to work. i only need maybe 1/4 inch clearance i thought it would be fine with the sway bar relocation brackets.

Bootsed make me an offer and it could be yours.

Scott it hard to tell in the second pic it was tilted back because i cant get the top bolt in. i want to keep the bar so if someone makes me a decent offer on the slic i'll go front mount. if not i'll modify the bracketry to get it to work. i only need maybe 1/4 inch clearance i thought it would be fine with the sway bar relocation brackets.
Did you post it up in the parts for sale section? Might go quick!

SW.

With all the different I/C setups and all the different frame braces, it is a miracle that any given sway bar fits w/o tweaking. Best to pose a setup on these pages and see if anyone else has your combo. The frame braces can be spaced downward somewhat (0 to 1/2" or so) with long bolts and a hand full of washers or spacers. I/C pipes can be tweaked with longer hoses and strong clamps. Doesn't DSE make a front frame brace for G-Body? Time will tell us what combo's work for DSE's sway bar. Scott with GNS will be able to guide everyone looking at DSE's stuff as he gains install experience.
Conrad

With all the different I/C setups and all the different frame braces, it is a miracle that any given sway bar fits w/o tweaking. Best to pose a setup on these pages and see if anyone else has your combo. The frame braces can be spaced downward somewhat (0 to 1/2" or so) with long bolts and a hand full of washers or spacers. I/C pipes can be tweaked with longer hoses and strong clamps. Doesn't DSE make a front frame brace for G-Body? Time will tell us what combo's work for DSE's sway bar. Scott with GNS will be able to guide everyone looking at DSE's stuff as he gains install experience.
Conrad
Very well said Conrad!

DSE does make the front frame braces but as with the stock frame braces and any others, they won't work with the Large SLIC's because of the length of them which interfears with the braces.

We will be at DSE this friday to put our car on display for their open house. I will be picking up Catalogs and some display items for our booth so if there is anything anyone would like me to inquire about or pick up to save shipping just let me know before wendsday.

Scott,
Is the GoodGuys Show this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway? If anyone is going to be in the area, DSE's open house on Friday is well worth the drive to Mooresville!
Conrad

Who is DSE, and what makes their product(s) any different from the others currently available?

K.

Scott,
Is the GoodGuys Show this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway? If anyone is going to be in the area, DSE's open house on Friday is well worth the drive to Mooresville!
Conrad
Yest it is this weekend and the open house is right after that from 5:00-9:00 pm.

SW.

Who is DSE, and what makes their product(s) any different from the others currently available?

K.
DSE = (Detroit Speed Engineering) They make awesome suspensions for 67-71 camaros, chevells, novas and Now G-Body's!

They are a very reputable and know company who is at the top of the autocross/roadcourse events around the country. They won numerous awards at SEMA for best product and what makes their product different than most is they have their own patented "Swivel Link"tm technology built into their sway bars and rear upper & lower control arms which elliminate the bind of the old Hime joints and keeps all 4 tires planted.

Look them up! Detroit Speed, Inc. - Home

Scot W.

Scott i knew dse triangulation bars wouldn't fit but i thought th saw bar would with the relocation brackets, i got a really good deal and free shipping int he front and rear set. i'm keeping the front bar but i'll sell the triangulation braces,just posted to give future buyers a heads up. i think the clearance issues could be due the ti motor may not be secured all the way just got is sitting in the chassis to compress spring to get them in. any luck on finking you ls1 yet, i keep seeing 5'3's cheap out here in cali and its getting really tempting to swap mine also.

Back