You can type here any text you want

DSM versus GN

• Thread starter Thread starter coldfusion78
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Why does evryone say our cars suck on street courses. Its not like its a chevelle or bel-air rolling around. My car has virtualy no body roll, and kept up with my buddies 94 Z through some S turns. I can do 70 MPh's on a clover leaf on the highway too. Thats all stock, just imagine some potenzas and bigger better suspension. Plus arent our cars based after the famous nascar? Just wondering........

Nice setup they have, but still, I don't know about all of you, but I am always shocked how fast I can take u curve, on regular radials of course.

hot6-231 said:
Yea, most DSM guys (and girls) I've met are pretty cool. I was down at Atco a few years back, and there must have been a DSM club there as i've never seen so many at one place. Some of those cars were in the 11's!!
Yeah about 6 years ago i was beaten by a DSM in a street race. I stupidly agreed to race from a roll and he jumped ahead quick and there wasnt enough time to catch him. I blew a headgasket on that run too. It was a ****ty night. We were supposed to race again two weeks later but he had a catastrophic failure at the strip (bottom end let go) so we never raced again. I will never forget that race cuz i rarely lost to real street cars then. My car was good for 11.50 on the strip at that time. The DSM probably ran close to that on the street with his AWD.

Reply to bison

Thats good to know bison in case I run up on one, but I dont look for races not saying you do, but they look for me. I try not to race but when its on, []"ITS ON." :cool:
And I run mid 11's, but I will be getting my buddies Alky and sometime soon will be getting the new twin turbo setup from ESP, and then there really wont be too much that would be able to touch me :biggrin: I will be Killen all EGO's then ,Hence the name EGOKILR

EGOKILR said:
Thats good to know bison in case I run up on one, but I dont look for races not saying you do, but they look for me. []"ITS ON." :cool:
EGOKILR
Ill admit i do. There is an incredible high associated with a race like that. Since i dont use any rec drugs thats as close as i can get. I will post kill vids this spring and summer when i smack em down.

Thats too bad not sooner

but I understand on the East Coast you guys have to wait till the weather permits to bring your cars out. Thats why Im sure when its really nice to bring them out (your cars) then you guys will be postin alot of Vids and Kill Stories, I love to read them and I just crack up when I see ones about cars or people that dont know about our cars and try to race them and get BLOWN AWAY

EGOKILR said:
but I understand on the East Coast you guys have to wait till the weather permits to bring your cars out. Thats why Im sure when its really nice to bring them out (your cars) then you guys will be postin alot of Vids and Kill Stories, I love to read them and I just crack up when I see ones about cars or people that dont know about our cars and try to race them and get BLOWN AWAY
If you want i will send you a pic of the road in front of my house. Its like a salty sand box. I wish i was in Cali now. I was a few months ago and wish i could have weather like that all the time. There will be many kill vids in te spring. Sit tight.

Send Em, Put em on here

I have been all over the East Coast, and know how it is. I did a lot of work and traveling out there. Yeah Cali is Sunny and Nice especially San Diego. Yeah I'll be waiting for your kill stories, but play it safe. My buddies just posted pics on the Southwestern region area of this site of the show they just went to at a Donut Shop, more like a gathereing. I know I have seen GN's on the East Coast driving like its the thing to do. You do not see these cars out here. And the people that I run into say if they do see one of our cars it usually just zoomed right past them. Not including my little group of buddies I just really hooked up with, I can count on one hand how many times I actually seen a Grand National in person in my lifetime.

Do you think we should tell the people over to DSM about the Turbo Trans Am??? Can you say roadracing,topend that will not stop...

too bad noone takes 80's g bodies on 'road courses'.........
did the g-body not run nascar???

john sheppard went 7.90's in a stock bodied 1st gen dsm so i think the awd works fine and with 300 bucks to each car stock it would be close i would have to say the gn would be faster just becouse stock it is about a second faster but dsm's are very easy to make fast plenty of guys that will gut there cat and turn the boost up too they seem to be just as handy of a bunch of guys ,

gotta say i love both my cars

Back