Dumb Question

MJDreger

Hey, What does an "A" title mean, the car was from Maryland but now is in PA.

Thanks In advance

i saw that car on ebay also, was wondering the same thing

this is what i found

Privately Owned Vehicles
In the classes identified below, vehicles will be registered for two (2) years at time of titling or registration is renewed. The 2-year registration does not apply to Class E truck vehicles one ton GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) or greater.

Surcharge
To insure stable funding for Maryland's world renowned Emergency Medical Services (EMS) System, including med-evac helicopters, ambulances, fire equipment and rescue squads, a "surcharge" of $11.00 per year will be collected with the registration fee. The following fees include the applicable surcharge.
Fees
Class Description 2 Year fee
A - Passenger Cars
(shipping weight up to 3,700 lbs.) $76.00
A - Passenger Cars
(shipping weight over 3,700 lbs.) $103.00
M - Multi Purpose Vehicle
(Shipping weight up to 3,700 lbs.) $76.00
M - Multi Purpose Vehicle
(shipping weight over 3,700 lbs.) $103.00
B - Passenger Vehicle Operated for Hire $184.00
C - Funeral Vehicles and Ambulances $130.00
D - Motorcycles, Motor Scooters, and
Motor Bicycles $59.00
L - Historic Vehicles $27.00
N - Street Rod Vehicles $27.00

Thanks for the quick response. The guy who is selling the car is named Shawn Oconner, he seems to be a really good guy. He has a shop actually out in Clarition PA, from what I have heard he really knows his stuff about Turbo Buicks.

i know shawn, he is a great guy, and from what i have had experience with him, he stands by his words, and is a straight forward guy, he is also a board member here, but that ebay name doesnt look like his, i would call him, send me an e-mail if you want his # be sure its really the person selling, not a poser using his name

Yeapers. I would love to buy that car right now, but as of right now I have two cars already, and I don't have a garage, so I would probably have to leave it at my parents house with a car cover over it.

You may be right, maybe shawn isn't selling the car, but in the pictures in the background that is shawns shop in the background. I have is # also but thanks

And, in other states, the original owner has no letter attached to the title I.D.

The second owner has an "A", 3rd a "B", and so on.

Originally posted by MJDreger
Thanks for the quick response. The guy who is selling the car is named Shawn Oconner, he seems to be a really good guy. He has a shop actually out in Clarition PA, from what I have heard he really knows his stuff about Turbo Buicks.
Shawn is the man, anyone who is anyone with a TR in pittsburgh knows him. I have gotten many G-body parts off him and have frequented his shop just to BS. He built many engines & trannys for TR owners and g-body owners in my circle of friends. He has done work on other turbo cars too. As his screen name states he is a boostjunkie Clairton is like a 15 min cruise from pittsburgh.

A title car means the first owner or one owner. Its not used much anymore but the owner used to be classified as a letter, A title would be the 1st, B title the 2nd and so on.....

www.boostjunkieracing.com

WE4

Hey guys this is a friends WE4 he is selling and he brought the car over my shop for a good look at it before he puts it up for sale . i told him he should keep the car and restore it but he wants a real GN . the car will be at the shop till sat? if you want to see or drive it . P.S Mike D you should stop up and see all the turbo cars i have in the lot :D i am sure there is one for you ? thanks for all the props ! Shawn

Hey Shawn, Thanks for the update on the WE4. I am still on the look out for a nice GN though the finances right now may not allow it, but I might come out today to take a look at your lot to see what you have right now. (saturday after 1).