You can type here any text you want

Dunno if I'll make it now to Woodburn....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

After 5 passes on the newly refreshed S2 engine it's full of aluminum shavings and bearing material.

I'm really pissed right now but if I can get back "up" and change a blown headgasket in my T-Type I'll bring that. If not, have a good time.

sorry to hear that chris. i was looking forward to meeting you and all your parts. hope it works out--len

Hi Chris, I'm sorry about that but was sure hoping you would be there and to see how your rear is doing. lol, but you can always
drive over for the heck of it!!
Ron

Sorry to hear the bad news:(
I hate to ask but who did the refresh?

Ron....good idea. I don't know if I'll get the head gasket fixed on the T-Type, as I'm really not into these cars at the moment

:( ....but I think I'll come over anyway with my pickup and pile a bunch of parts to sell.

Geno....I need to talk with him again now I have more info. Cam bearing spun, came out from the side (you can still see it lodged there) cam lobe smacking into it sent steel backed bearing shavings through the oil pump gears, shafted gear jammed over to the front cover pump cavity and grooved it up while moving that aluminum into the bearings.

I only removed #1 main cap....crank looks OK there. We'll have to wait to see the total damage. So far it looks like a cam and all bearings....probably have to align bore the cam bores. And keep our fingers crossed on the crank.

I'll be talking to the builder but for now I ain't gonna publicly bash him.

No matter who builds a motor you can ALWAYS over look something :( We have all been there and if not you will:eek:

Len....

We have met. In LV I was standing beside you when YOUR DAUGHTER won the Innovative boost controller. I was the guy with the drool dripping off my face.

At the time you said you were going to steal it from her so I magnanimously offered to "hold" it for her so you couldn't get at it. :D She declined my offer...saying her dad wouldn't do that.

I guess we'll see it in the car you bring up, huh?:D :D

actually i still have it new in the box and will be bringing it to show to gene and than sell or trade it. and i do remember talking to you. that sucks about your motor.

Innovative boost controller

LV gn,
Is it the lates one (G-12) ?
How much $$$ ?
They are not cheap @ all, tha's why i been holding off.:)

My 9-11 T C had metal shavings too :(
Hope to get it back from pts @ list the day before TTIV,
if not buick will not make it.:rolleyes:

Well I talked to the engine builder today....and he's being great about it. Told me to ship it back to him at his expense and he'd take care of it and get it back to me.

Like Geno says, it'll eventually happen to everyone but if the builder stands behind it it sure makes it easier to swallow.

So now I feel better and I've decided that on Sunday I'll put an engine I built all by my lonesome , a first....lol.....into the T-Type. I didn't really want to put it in with so little time between install and race in case there's a problem but what's the worst that can happen? If it even starts then it may blow up. Nothing to it, right?

This engine I built with the L.V. TSM in mind. Even though it's not legal for TSM Jason says everything is legal if he does the teching :D . Good guy, that Jason.

So I'll be running TSM next week in Woodburn. If the engine actually starts and runs I'll win the class since I'll be the only player.:)

Chris,

Really sorry to hear the bullet went south on you. I must say it warms my heart to think that you'd thrash to put in a new motor for this event. Good luck with the install, and we hope to see you in the staging lanes! :)

Thanks Dave.......but,

This afternoon I was getting the shop ready for the engine swap to be done tomorrow....and I found that the new 4 bolt LT68 GTQ turbo with a V-band has a different size V-band than the downpipe I'd planned on using.

I'll talk to John on Monday but in the mean time I'll just use tomorrow to fix the head gasket in the old engine so I'll still have something to race.

Seeya then and thanks for putting this on again.

Back