Dupont Chromabase redux

RossGN

Got in a little too much of a hurry painting the ABS front fillers with Chromabase/Clear. Can I get by with sanding the clear then re-apply base then clear?

What's wrong? If just a run, dirt or dry you will be ok. If you have lifting or cracking paint start over.

Combination of old eyes and lack of light.....had a couple areas that I didn't get the base on thick enough and a little of the white plastic showing through. Also set them on top of the washer, after they dried and the spin cycle vibrated one off and got a chip. Was not one of my better efforts :/

Just sand out the defects and re spray. Where you sand out the chip you may want to spray the first two coats of base light to prevent any lifting since the base is fresh and has no catalyst in it.

Those base coats have a hardener that goes in them, but most people do not use them.
Will toughen up the base coat considerably. You can sand with 600 to 1000 grit. If it's chipped sand out like skid lid suggested and feather it out well or you will see a ring around the repair area after cleared. I'm assuming black so it shows everything. Just take your time. Even 8f the clear doesn't look great or have lots of trash put a few coats of clear and you can sand buff anything to make it look fantastic. Good luck. Posts some pics of the finished project.

Just sanded both with 800 grit and resprayed with base and clear. Came out very nice this time.