You can type here any text you want

Duttwillier Oil Pump

• Thread starter Thread starter stevec
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
S

stevec

Is anyone using this pump with the bypass plugged off completely?? Dutwiller said if plugged the oil filter would rupture. I am using the OBERG filter and dont think it will blow apart. I have plugged the bypass on a stock set up with remote filter Moroso style and dont have any problems. Car mkes 90 psi when cold at idle I dont rev it till it warms up.

Also if I do end up using the by pass can it be TEE into the turbo drain line with no ill effects. I am concerned it might keep the turbo from gravity draining.

Thanks Again

Steve C

Steve,

I have the Duttweiler oiling system myself. I wouldn't block the bypass whether or not you are going to run the Oberg filter. I don't think the idea to Tee into the turbo drain line is a good one. You should run seperate lines. Make sure to run at least a -10 line as the drain from the turbo.

Good Luck

Neal

Dutt and a bypass???

My Dutt system has no bypass... There's a -12 pickup, a -10 to the remote filter base then to the cooler then to the engine w/ -10. There's a -8 that goes from the relief valve to the sump. I plumbed it to the FP block off. Stay away from a tee into the turbo drain. The turbo drain on my engine goes into the ft upper area of the oil pan and is -10...

Back