You can type here any text you want

Dynamat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BoostedEvIL

Novice
I'm going to pull my interior this summer to por 15 the floor and put down new sound deadener and heat absorbant. I really don't want to pay dynamat prices. Any other decent brands out there?

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to only do certain sections it is hard to beat Dynamat Pro! It is expensive but it WORKS!!!!!

If you want to do bigger areas there is some spray stuff out there that is cheaper and just as good if not better...

There is plenty of comparisons on the web about this! I know some people that just use Rhino Liner:eek:

look up fatmat on ebay it is cheaper than dynamat and you get more for your money i have some in my car it works great.

Another idea... Lizard Skin. Supposed to be great stuff, but have no first hand knowledge of it. Also don't know the overall cost vs: Dynamat.

Another idea... Lizard Skin. Supposed to be great stuff, but have no first hand knowledge of it. Also don't know the overall cost vs: Dynamat.

Lizard Skin, that was the other one I couldn't think of!

Dynamat and Hushmat are the two best sound dampening brands out there. Be careful with some of the others out there. Remember that the 3 most important things for effective dampening is weight, conformability, and how well it sticks to the surface. A few years ago, I read a test done by some magazine and Dynamat and Hushmat were the two best. It was all tests done by measuring, and not just guessing. I myself use Dynamat. Ive used a lot of the generics out there, and would never make that mistake again. GM uses Hushmat in their vehicles. Actually most of the major car companies use Hushmat. Its just not branded Hushmat. But I know for a fact it is.

hushmat or dynamat...I used dynamat xtreme. It's lighter than all the factory deadening I pulled out.

I think i like fatmat guys. Nice price and I haven't heard anything bad about it. Plus its a lot better than what a have now. If I do the roof also will that reduce interior temps in the summer?

ive used fatmat and dynamat and you can absolutely tell the difference between the two. if your going to do it, do it right. there is a reason one is known worldwide and is used by the best in the business

Dynamat (Extreme), Second Skin and Raamat are the best in the business. Dynamat Extreme in my rides. Hasn't fell off (melted) like a couple of other (cheaper) brands that myself or friends have tried. Nothing like having to scrape off the remains, clean the surfaces and re-do with a good brand. And can't forget having to replace any fabric that it melted on, more $$$. Trust me, do it once, not more than once.:rolleyes:
John

My original Dynamat has been on the car since 1994, it's heavy tar like stuff and it will never come off. Used a heat gun and roller and did the doors etc.

Worth the $250 or so it cost I think. :smile:

It's holding a lot of the car together now too. :eek: :biggrin:

Make sure you don't get any over anything that moves or pivots as it will bind it up.

I'd consider the lighter stuff if you will be racing cost me .15 seconds on the time slip for sure, well that includes the JBL subs. too. ;)

Back