You can type here any text you want

DYNO Day Sat 26th, help...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

Ok this is going to be the first time I have ever had anything Dynoed. The place we are using wont let me Dyno my own car.:(
So what RPM should I have them take it up to and what else should I look for or tell the guy it has a Wid band and I plan on using the info to sorta tune my car. I hope for some good number also but I will see.

Anything will help thanks.

I wouldn't take the car past redline at 5250 rpm, especially if you have the stock valve springs. Watch the knock and look at the o2 numbers, I don't think a wide band o2 works off the same voltage, so the tuning numbers are probably totally different if you use that. Just for safety you might want to put some xylene or race gas in your tank. Good luck, Boost!

Ditto..most Dyno shops wanna spin it to 6k..be clear on this. And add Xylene,100 onleaded,etc if ya wanna be safe.

Also I dont know if your running alky or race gas. If you run alky...get them to roll into the throttle at 3000-3200 in third gear..and most shops you can sit with them. Keep an eye on your knock sensor and have em pull out if its starts retarding..

Your runs, chances are, going to be on the rich side. My TTA will run 770's for O2's at the track and 810-820's on the Dyno..so dont pay too much attention to the AF ratio..unless you have an extender/translator..once our MAF pegs 255..its raw fuel time.

I made 425hp and 608tq 6 months ago. On 93 w/alky AF in the 11:1 range.. it was a cheesy 30 dollar for a couple dyno runs deal..

Best tuning comes at the track..going to the track..coming home from the track :D

Almost forgot..lockup switch is worth some extra ponies..

Whats more amazing is when they see a little ol V6 do over 600 TQ..

There a shop that has one of them Euro dyno's here ..think its Danish/German/??? that you can replicate a 1/4 mile pass on it. Whereas you know your cars accelleration rate and you program it to load your wheels like at the track.that way you make an adjustment and see a real world improvement. Actually can keep a certain speed..like 75 mph..where the rollers go to 75 mph..ya hammer it and they stay at 75 mph..for tracking those special tuning issues..

The shop works on Porches/BMW's/exotics..pretty neat tuning tool.

Good luck on the Dynojet..bring a floppy disk..most shops record the runs for you..you just need to download the dynojet run viewer.

How much boost and what timing ya going to run? hummm :D

I know Hunter is a little disappointed with these numbers:

BUT he got 296RWHP/360RWTQ.

Just for info he is using a JL 18deg chip and the boost is set at 15#. I set the car this way when he bought it so it would be a safe tune while he learned all the things about tuning a turbo car. In fact its proally still alittle fat fuel pressure wise.

I am happy with those #'s considering the tune and such.

300 hp out of V6 is a stout number at 15 psi boost. Nothing wrong with that.

If he expected 400..would have to run in the mid 20's for boost. Also street chips are not aggressive..

Drop in some race gas, put the boost to 22-23, put in a high timing chip..that car would pickup at least 100 hp. but better to learn to tune what ya got..than to throw a lot of boost/timing and frag a motor.

Good job..and I dont say this to defend Phil. first time I dyno'd mine, was running 100 octane, a thrasher 100 chip,20 lbs of boost and it made like 326HP.

So 295 at 15.. those heads are working. Stock at 16.5 they made like 250-260

I was a little bumed true and even more so when the Stock LS1 with a lid pulled a 330 rwhp. but my 12.9 slip says that I am faster. Alos the guys who ran the Dyno had no clue how to dyno a Auto car they tried to dyno in 3 rd and when it down shifted they said screwit and ran it in 2nd. No clue how this affected the numbers but I am sure it didn't help. Also the TCC valve went out on the Dyno so for what ever thats worth.

I will tune and let you know how she does at the track this weekend. Second time on slicks.

Dyno in second..go to another dyno next time.

They can start in 3rd at about 3500 and it wont downshift.If they start at 3000 it will go into second. Every time.

Plus at 15 lbs of boost..what do ya want?

Now if it was 200 HP then I would start looking as to why.

Our cars suck at stock boost levels. Life begins at 20 PSI..

Boost isn't gonna blow your motor, its knock thats gonna blow shat up. Are you monitoring knock with at least some kind of basic scan tool like a scan master? Crank up the boost slowly and watch for knock!
~Murt

Originally posted by GTABurnout
Thanks for the help guys I will look in to running more boost, can't blow it up though

YEP that would be BAD!!! Just go slow and get some of those buick guys out there to help ya.

I KNOW shes got a SOLID 375-380 RWHP out there for ya!!! and a 11sec pass!!!!!

ordered my Scanmaster yesterday should be here by friday so I can use it at the track this weekend...
Thanks everyone.

Dont tell me you put that car on a dyno without a scan tool :rolleyes:

Scanmaster is a good start. After you start using it, you wont want to be without it.

375 HP will be there easy..but not on 93 octane by itself.

And mount it up high in your line of site. Some folks mount it under the dash where you cant see it.

I mounted mine under the lip of the dash between the two rite guages above the radio. Ran the wire behind the bezel into the ADL connector.

Yeah I am a beginner I have a knock gauge and I had a GN guy I know there with a Turbo Link set up bu the ALDL would hookm up right or something.

Razor do you have any pics of your set up??
GTABurnout@yahoo.com

Thanks

Back