You can type here any text you want

DYNO Day Sat 26th, help...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
looks good I see you also have a SMC alky kit what type are you running how does it work?

Thanks

Hunter, you said you were going to the track this weekend May 2nd?

If so, I will see you there :D

I won't be on the ET Streets though since I need some other rims, But I should be able to out MPH you though...............LOL

Originally posted by GTABurnout
looks good I see you also have a SMC alky kit what type are you running how does it work?

Thanks

Single nozzle, activates with boost..sprays alcohol into the motor..controls detonation..I run 25 PSI with the kit on 93 octane pump gas...works !!

Do your homework on the alky section of the board..lots of information.

Sorry fo changing subject

Hey Razor,

I have this DIY alky kit and I was wondering what size jet do you have? I can't recall what size my NOS jet is. Also, do you run a mixture of alky and water? I have been running a 50/50 mix of denatured alky and distilled water. I have been using the puke tank as the holding tank for the mixture. I really would like to run all alky but I don't think that would be a very good idea since the tank is next to the turbo. :eek: Where does the tank for the SMC kit located at? I never seen the whole set up close so I really have no idea. Sorry for all the questions. TIA

Hey Razor,

I saw in one of your pics what seemed to be a cold air set up. Could you confirm that and also if it is true, maybe tell me how you did it? Thanks

It was..removed the cannister mounting plate and punched a 3 1/2 hole going straight down..opps did I say I cut the metal on a TTA..:rolleyes:

Used a section of 3 inch 135' degree exhuast turn down..and mounted the filter underneath the fender.

Currently I have my filter on a straight pipe and shoved intothe fender. I relocated my cannister under the fender..do ask why..

My MAT temps were within 1 degree of outside temps..but I feel that the 3 inch elbow restricted the air flow..going to a 3 1/2 elbow soon and try working things out..dunno..not enough data to tell what is better yet.

HTH

TTA different than GN..we dont have the room you guys have ;)

Cant fit alcohol container,air filter, cruise control, MAF, and cannister all in one location.

I assume that there are charcoil canisters and the vacume ball thingys on the TTA. Or is the vacume ball the cannister? I really don't know because I only have the vacume ball, assuming that there is a charcoil canister that was there. Is that what you relocated? I am not totally for sure. Could someone explain?

TIA,

There is a charcoal cannister on the top and a vacuum ball on the bottom. The charcoal cannister has a valve on it and some hoses that run to the gas tank. About the size of a coffee can. I relocated mine under by the ball. The cannister sits by the AC condenser next to the radiator.

HTH

That does help Razor. Mine has been deleted. I am assuming that it would be okay if it was removed. I am not sure why it was removed. What is that ball for? I have noticed one of my vacuum lines wasn't connected to it (bottom one). Anywho, reconnected it and really no difference in the performance of the car. How many lines run to it? I think I need to replace them becasue some look dry rotted. Any thoughts?

TIA,

Umm..ahh..I'd get a service manual and put the car back to stock..Its there for a reason..if a GM engineer deleted it then..you have my blessing..

Keep em stock and keep em happy.

I would but I don't have the stock one. Previous owner removed it . He told me it just took the fumes from the tank and it filtered it out. I will have to look at the manual and figure this out. Need to make sure all the vacuum lines are up to par anyways. Thanks though. Got alot of things to do when I get back.:mad:

Back