You can type here any text you want

dyno #s , are these normal??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTAfreak

well, I dynoed my car this weekend. its completely stock, right down to the air filter.

246 hp and
320 tque

im guessing these are pretty normal numbers.

no, the car will not remain stock. though its only got 10k miles on it, I just cant stand the thought of not getting this car into the 11s at least.

:o

My festival car (5K miles) with a K&N air filter, dynomax muffler and Connely chip with stock boost levels and no tuning turned in 272hp & 370 ftlbs of torque at the rear wheels. With tunning and the boost turned up it was 300hp & 400 ftlbs of torque at the rear wheels.

I would say your numbers are in line with a bone stock car.

- Dave

FWIW & IMHO:
Well, I sure wish that my turbo-t in stock form would do that. So it's true that the ttas were underrated on HP & TQ figures.

The prior owner of my car

Had it dynoed,,,,

The ONLY mod was a 3" stainless steel ATR exhaust and it went 298hp and 388 TQ.

I will go see if I can find that sheet and post it here.

Ty

Oops: My bad:
Hate to admit my ignorance here, but how do these #s compare to those of '86-'87 Turbo Regals, or another way, were tha tadvertised # ofr turbo regals crank or rear wheel #s?

Originally posted by Wells
Oops: My bad:
Hate to admit my ignorance here, but how do these #s compare to those of '86-'87 Turbo Regals, or another way, were tha tadvertised # ofr turbo regals crank or rear wheel #s?

:Pickingthescaboffanoldwound:

The difference is oft cussed and discussed here on the board.. ;) ..The bottom line is the 10% difference between the stock performance of the two LC2 platforms.

You can take it to the bank. Whether its the upgraded intercooler, the more efficient heads, the improved headers, the larger wastegate puck, the special crank, the different pistons....Whatever the cause, its 10% more power to the wheels in a TTA :D

You can sift through some of those circa 1989 articles in the FAQ List, they talk about the answers to your question.

lee

So then that would imply that the advertised/claimed '87 turbo Buick figure of 245 horse was measured at the flywheel/crank?

I don't know where to go to be sure we compare apples to apples on this issue.

Anyone?

Back