You can type here any text you want

E55 AMG smoked by the ol' GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BenPutnam

...Okay so I didn't really smoke him, in fact, I was shocked that he was keeping up.

I was going down the interstate and saw those funky blue headlight about a mile back and I always slow down a bit to see if I will get a chance to smoke some expensive car and I am usually disappointed to see that it's just some Altima or something but not today. I pestered this young black guy in a supercharged mercedes benz e55 amg (469hp 512tq) till he finally figured out I wanted to race or realized I wasn't going to leave him alone unless he raced. When we got out of traffic I had about a car length on him and floored it and much to my surprise he was gaining on me! I dug into my ashtray as fast as I could and opened my electric cutout which let me pull away from him but very slowly, not like I usually do. Anyway this race went on for about a half mile or more until I got to my exit at which point I realized the brakes on these cars get hot and useless when you are trying to slow from those speeds. I wanted to wave when he went by but I had both hands on the wheel trying to find a soft spot to land that thing if I couldn't get stopped before I found the cars at the end of the ramp.

Watch out man we don't want a kill to be literal. I had a similar instance once in my car and needless to say I about pooped my pants.:eek: Stay safe and good kill.

TR's don't need wings to fly, guess thats why they have (or had) a governor that restricted the top speed to 124 mph. About 130+ mine starts to get unstable.

Good kill! :biggrin:

I killed one of those last summer.. but not in the Buick, so I never posted it..

But since we're on the subject, here goes..

Some maniac flew out of nowhere around a corner, (tires sqealing and all)storming after me right after I got my WS6 back together. Got alongside me, looked at me, laughed and stomped on it and took off. Knowing full well I shouldn't really be beating my car yet, plus the fact it needed a better tune than what it had, I just couldn't let this choch get away with that one. So after thinking about it for a few seconds, while letting him get 3 cars on me, I dropped it into "D" (yes, it's an auto) and chased after him. After gaining on him and ultimitaley putting him in his place, I get in front of him, he switches lanes as well and we get a light together. I ask him if that was really an E55 with 469hp. He said "yes". I ask him what year it was and he said it's an '04. I can't remember how all of the small talk went down, but once the light turned green, he stomps on it, I try to ease into it, but the lack of traction (mostly due to my old, bald Sumitumo tires I had at the time) gets the best of me. After a few seconds, it finally starts to grip, I begin to reel him in and eventually put a car on him until we both shut down. He kinda waves me off and I go on my way. I see him about a week later with a buddy of his driving the opposite way in another nearby town, and he shot me a dirty look..

Whatever..

Back