You can type here any text you want

E63 AMG MB .... the rematch

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
A couple months back...when I was all stock at 13lbs, and before I had my Czarnota built V6, Alkycontrol, Hooker cat back, Duttweiler neck, and TRC cold Air kit (love that sound) and my 3000 stall converter, ...you'll recall I tried my luck against one of these and got spanked. As I should have....

Well...I found another one.
I baited him by spooling and then letting off so he could hear the boost dump through the TRC. From there, we both kinda politely made our way to the front row of the long straight the lane road we were on. He was in the outside lane, I was in the inside and there was one car directly in front of me and one next to me in the middle lane. He had no one and was waiting for me to get an opening.
As soon as I had my hole, I started to move to the middle lane and he was about a length back...we were at about 35mph. That was when I heard him get on it. He was passing me when I got on it but that came to a stop as soon as my boost was up. As soon as I started to pull him (about 70 mph), he got out of it....not willing to be shown up any further by this grocery getter.:biggrin:

It was good to be the king.:cool:
My first official test with this Czarnota built V6 = WIN!

Further up the road, we were next to each other at a red light and I figured he'd want a rematch, so when the light went green I rolled into it and floored it (avoiding as much tire spin as possible)....
Already humbled...he wanted nothing of it.:biggrin:

I'm still sporting a stock turbo, stock down pipe and my tired original tranny is slipping a little too. Can't wait to take care of that business. I'm also only running 17lbs of boost. I'm keeping the boost down until after I replace the tranny.:biggrin: After the tranny...it's downpipe and turbo time.:p

South Orange County.

Get some E-85 and chip,get that tranny fixed and keep everything else the same.. go 11s park the Camaro for a while :biggrin:

I walked a SLK 55 AMG pretty bad with my stock turbo from 80mph. He was suprised but cool about it. Unlike most AMG drivers that I've run into that want to play.

BTW: Lou is awesome!! He almost bought the White-T that I have now, from the previous owner> Maybe you know him by now his name is Harold and he lives in Long Beach and used to have a fairly decent GN. Not sure if he is on this board but used to be over a T6P.com as StreetTTerrorV6

Get some E-85 and chip,get that tranny fixed and keep everything else the same.. go 11s park the Camaro for a while :biggrin:

I walked a SLK 55 AMG pretty bad with my stock turbo from 80mph. He was suprised but cool about it. Unlike most AMG drivers that I've run into that want to play.

BTW: Lou is awesome!! He almost bought the White-T that I have now, from the previous owner> Maybe you know him by now his name is Harold and he lives in Long Beach and used to have a fairly decent GN. Not sure if he is on this board but used to be over a T6P.com as StreetTTerrorV6

Yes, Lou is great. He's gone way out of his way to help me out. His shop is only 10 minutes from my house. I call him Pappa Lou.

Yup, I know Harold. Good guy. I always see him at the local TB cruises. He's currently rebuilding his GN.

He must have had a golf ball stuck under his accelerator. The e63 AMG is 514hp v8 in a 4000# car. That is over 400 to the wheels. They run 12.50s at 115mph. Stock. Maybe is was an e500 with the sport package.

Actually....4100 lbs and high 12's per the factory brochure.....that was with the pro driver at the factory driving it on a test track under controlled conditions.

...but they can definitely go faster. More on that in this link from my first experience with one :redface: before all my recent upgrades.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/kill-fish-stories/255369-e63-amg-mb.html

It was an E63 AMG...pretty easy to recognize and I have been looking for one to test.:biggrin:

Check my signature again....I'm definitely not doing 13's.

Stock turbo, stock downpipe and converter, and a slipping transmission? Have you had the car at the track? I would be surprised if you are in the mid twelves and trapping more than 115.

Look on streetfire, there are a couple of videos of the e63 amgs in the 11's completely stock on stock tires. One funny video with the guy wearing a helmet and blasting some elevator music and running 11.95 @118.32

Not a stock converter. Check my first post. 3000 stall.
Tranny is slipping at WOT...but as I said....only slightly.

Check the 11 second recipe on www.gnttype.org....done on a stock turbo....stock converter...grant it he had a 3" down pipe, set up the suspension fr a good launch and probably set his boost higher than I'm currently runnning....but...he went 11's basically stock. $1500 Turbo Regal Eleven Second Recipe

I'm not claiming to be faster than mid 12's....in fact that's exactly where I figure I'd be with my current combo. Only thing I left out of my combo is the test pipe.

So your estimation of mid 12's is exactly what I'm thinking
I aint no math genious...but...a mid 12 car will beat a high 12 car any day in my narrow minded opinion.:biggrin:

We also started at about 35mph. From that speed, when my turbo spools up against the converter, it kicks like a beligerant mexican zebra that's been sippin the tequila.:eek:

I'd love to add more boost (up to 20psi), but it would only bring an early death to my tranny. I need it to last a few more months.

Len Freeman...here I come!:cool:

Look on streetfire, there are a couple of videos of the e63 amgs in the 11's completely stock on stock tires. One funny video with the guy wearing a helmet and blasting some elevator music and running 11.95 @118.32

Yes...they are 11's capable. :eek:
Follow that link above to my first experience with one. One of the guys here works on them and mentioned that in "Dyno mode", proper set up and some skills, they will dip into the 11's.
I'd also hate to have to try and match top end speed with one.:D

I forgot to ask....you have a nice combo. Have you ET'd yet? I'm curious to know how it does.

Haha! A belligerent Mexican Zebra! I was talking about the catalytic converter, I saw the 3000 stall. I see that you have the test pipe now. I'm not saying that I doubt your story, maybe just that the guy in the Mercedes may not have been giving 100%. Those cars are monsters. My car has not even run with the new engine in it. It has been in South Carolina for the better part of 6 months getting the rollcage built, aeromotive fuel system, and rear end built. Also waiting for Cottons to give the signal for me to send my headers and turbo up to get a downpipe made.

Duuuuuuuude...he was trying...
But he did give up as soon as he saw me inching on him. Probably caught him by surprise as I'm sure he just shell shocks most.

Get that GN on the road!
That combo ought to be a crusher!

Duuuuuuuude...he was trying...
But he did give up as soon as he saw me inching on him. Probably caught him by surprise as I'm sure he just shell shocks most.

Get that GN on the road!
That combo ought to be a crusher!

Did you get a newly rebuilt engine from Lou or did he repair your original engine?? You've got a pretty good setup going now, you must however get rid of that stock DP its killing you ;)

Did you get a newly rebuilt engine from Lou or did he repair your original engine?? You've got a pretty good setup going now, you must however get rid of that stock DP its killing you ;)

It's a new rebuild. It has a 208/208 cam, forged pistons, RJC head gaskets and rocker shaft straps and misc. Czarota magic touches. He let me help with the swap in his shop which was mighty cool and set me up with the stall conv at no extra charge since it was a used item.
...But he did have to take the air tools away from me once or twice. ;-)

Yup...after I take care of the trans, I'll do the down pipe and then take the boost to 19-20.
Right now it's pointless to add more power as it'll end my tranny's life before I'm ready.

I have a correction.
Saw the guy again yesterday in the same spot. I cruised past him and noticed it's actually a CLS 63 AMG.
Same car as an E63...different trim I guess.

Anyway...after I cruised by, he rolled in behind me and kinda rode my butt a bit.

Stopped at the red light ahead with him right behind me and a long open stretch with no side streets ahead. When it went green, I rolled into it and took off figuring he'd try again. He tried to stay with me until about 70 but I kept creeping away, so he gave up again.

A little later another 335i got cocky with me so I quickly slapped him to the curb too.

I like this sort of attention.

LOL @ smacked to curb :biggrin:

Lou gonna let you run that motor over 22 PSi when your ready?? Anything over 20 and some timing and these cars really come to life :cool: You just wait....

LOL @ smacked to curb :biggrin:

Lou gonna let you run that motor over 22 PSi when your ready?? Anything over 20 and some timing and these cars really come to life :cool: You just wait....

He's told me that 20 is more than enough on the stock turbo, and I plan on listening to him. Sure I could go higher, but the turbo's effeciency is max'd around 20 and it generates too mch heat.

we'll see what he says after I replace the turbo and downpipe, but I'll be following his direction to the letter. The man knows his turbo Buicks and how to make them last and go fast too.:D

Back