You can type here any text you want

E85 or alky?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mommasGN

Im sure this debate has been brought up many times. Im debating on switching to E85. I would just need my chip re-programmed vs. installing an alky kit. I have a brand new gas tank and will be upgrading my fuel pump and lines. I have access to lots of gas stations that sell E85. I'm leaning more towards E85. What size pump would be required for E85. My other concern is that all winter, I leave the car parked in a garage. I know E85 absorbs moisture. Will this be a problem sitting for 4 or 5 months?

thanks

Im sure this debate has been brought up many times. Im debating on switching to E85. I would just need my chip re-programmed vs. installing an alky kit. I have a brand new gas tank and will be upgrading my fuel pump and lines. I have access to lots of gas stations that sell E85. I'm leaning more towards E85. What size pump would be required for E85. My other concern is that all winter, I leave the car parked in a garage. I know E85 absorbs moisture. Will this be a problem sitting for 4 or 5 months?

thanks

I haven’t had any issues but you can always get another chip for gas and put that in in the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E85 is the way to go.

A DW400 or walbro 450 will work.

Just use a stabil360 when in storage

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

thanks

What size injectors do you have?

I am assuming your new gas tank is either stainless steel, or anodized aluminum with a coating in it?

Unless you are going faster than low 10s, you do not need to upgrade both the feed and return line, just the return line, and drill out the saginaw fitting at the sending unit for the return line. That should save you a good $350 or more by not having to buy the feed line as well.

As far as a fuel pump, the DW400 is a better pump, has a 3 year warranty, and for boosted applications, flow more fuel than the Walbro 450, even though the Walbro is rated for more output. The DW400 will be enough pump for 650fwhp at 80psi fuel pressure.

In fact, the DW400 is such a better pump, that it will actually outflow a 680lph double pumper setup if you add a Boost A Pump onto the DW400 and run it at 18v, which it is rated to handle.

I am assuming your new gas tank is either stainless steel, or anodized aluminum with a coating in it?

Unless you are going faster than low 10s, you do not need to upgrade both the feed and return line, just the return line, and drill out the saginaw fitting at the sending unit for the return line. That should save you a good $350 or more by not having to buy the feed line as well.

As far as a fuel pump, the DW400 is a better pump, has a 3 year warranty, and for boosted applications, flow more fuel than the Walbro 450, even though the Walbro is rated for more output. The DW400 will be enough pump for 650fwhp at 80psi fuel pressure.

In fact, the DW400 is such a better pump, that it will actually outflow a 680lph double pumper setup if you add a Boost A Pump onto the DW400 and run it at 18v, which it is rated to handle.

thanks for all the input

Injectors are 60's. The tank is a stock replacement from kirbans. I was going to do fuel lines because there is a section that that was rusted and leaking, so we cut and flared both ends and used a piece of rubber fuel line. I just don't trust it.

I have a racetronix fuel hanger with their 255 pump (this is not big enough correct?) Will the DW pump fit in the hanger without modification?

can you please expound more on the "Saginaw" fitting, ie is it just a small restrictor in the line? I'm going to be replacing the fuel pump in my car and would like to know exactly what to look for.
Thanks,

thanks
its alot more fuel to make the same power.you need more fuel system and matinence for e85 vs pump gas and alky/mathanol.

Back