E85 setup clarification

TurboDetroit

Hey guys I would like clarification on my setup. I am currently in the process of an e85 swap and I'd like clarification on a few things, setup as follows.

160lb injectors
-8 feed (Aeroquip startlite)
-6 return (Aeroquip startlite)
Magnafuel protuner in line fuel pump
Champion fuel rails

The goal is provide enough fuel to only do this once say 800rwhp.

Questions:
Is the fuel line big enough?

Will the champion fuel rails be safe (aluminum)?
What about with the stock style FPR?

What kind of fuel cell if aluminum is so corrosive?

Protuner 625 vs 750? if you guys have experience with these. My buddy has a 750 he wants to sell me for a good deal but will it be too much....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no doubt in my mind that your fuel supply system is more than adequate. I run 140# injectors at ~60% duty cycle at a little less HP level than you.

There are 2 things I have done which I will pass on to you.

First, I have a Kenne-Bell Boost-a-Pump set for 17 volts @ 8-10 psi boost feeding my Aeromotive external fuel pump. I want to be safe, not sorry.

Second, I use Stabil 360 E-85 additive to my alum fuel cell which helps the e-87 as well as the alum tank. Lines are all alcohol resistant.

Good luck, I know you are going to have lots of "kills" in your area when you are dialed in! :)

Send your pump in to Magnafuel. They can upgrade it to a 750 fairly cheap.

Hey guys I would like clarification on my setup. I am currently in the process of an e85 swap and I'd like clarification on a few things, setup as follows.

160lb injectors
-8 feed (Aeroquip startlite)
-6 return (Aeroquip startlite)
Magnafuel protuner in line fuel pump
Champion fuel rails

The goal is provide enough fuel to only do this once say 800rwhp.

Questions:
Is the fuel line big enough?

Will the champion fuel rails be safe (aluminum)?
What about with the stock style FPR?

What kind of fuel cell if aluminum is so corrosive?
Send your pump in to Magnafuel. They can upgrade it to a 725 fairly cheap.

Protuner 625 vs 750? if you guys have experience with these. My buddy has a 750 he wants to sell me for a good deal but will it be too much....

There is no doubt in my mind that your fuel supply system is more than adequate. I run 140# injectors at ~60% duty cycle at a little less HP level than you.

There are 2 things I have done which I will pass on to you.

First, I have a Kenne-Bell Boost-a-Pump set for 17 volts @ 8-10 psi boost feeding my Aeromotive external fuel pump. I want to be safe, not sorry.

Second, I use Stabil 360 E-85 additive to my alum fuel cell which helps the e-87 as well as the alum tank. Lines are all alcohol resistant.

Good luck, I know you are going to have lots of "kills" in your area when you are dialed in! :)

So you wouldn't be scared to run the champion fuel rails and an aluminum fuel cell again? People have told me that aluminum is not e85 compatible that's why I asked...

Send your pump in to Magnafuel. They can upgrade it to a 750 fairly cheap.

Sorry if I confused you. I don't have a magnafuel pump right now I was just seeing if I bought the 750 would it be too much pump? Should I buy the 625 instead...

Thanks nick just one more ?on that is it in line with the hot wire kit already in the car ?

Sorry if I confused you. I don't have a magnafuel pump right now I was just seeing if I bought the 750 would it be too much pump? Should I buy the 625 instead...

It would not be too much. I would go with the 750.