You can type here any text you want

East Or West

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NJTurbo

Simply The Best
Guys

I am looking for some property to grab now and hold onto with the long term goal of retiring in about 20 years:eek: and building a house. What and were would you recommend in Florida.THX:cool:

Depending on where you want to end up and what you have to spend, there are a lot of nice spots. Ocala, is currently resonable and located in the middle of the state. It is roughly an hour from Orlando, Gansville(sp) and the East and West Coast. Generally the further south you go, the more expensive it gets from there...

HTH

The west coast north of naples is growing really quickly right now. The land is still somewhat cheap when taken in context. Land with infrastruction can go for as much as $7 a square foot in the suburbs which is close to $280k an acre. More often then not, you can get an acre for less than $50k though.

West coast is a little more hillbilly, east coast is a little more international. West coast has a lot of midwest transplants, while the east coast has a lot of new england transplants.

32% property growth last year.:D FT. lauderdale wasnt too shabby either.

Hillbilly is right. :D Though , I am not one of those "HILL FOLK" , I love the area as well as all of florida.Oh, Im from ILL.

NJ, you are very smart for thinking so far ahead. This land down here you still can get cheap in lots of places. Just have to find em.

I know of other board members that have property near me and I am always willing to help whenever I can. (I know how it is).

Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
32% property growth last year.:D FT. lauderdale wasnt too shabby either.

Hillbilly is right. :D Though , I am not one of those "HILL FOLK" , I love the area as well as all of florida.Oh, Im from ILL.

NJ, you are very smart for thinking so far ahead. This land down here you still can get cheap in lots of places. Just have to find em.

I know of other board members that have property near me and I am always willing to help whenever I can. (I know how it is).

Bo

Thanks Bro:cool:

TT/Ameasap,
I'm from indiana, so the hillbilly part actually appeals to me. ;) All the stuck up gold diggers can get to you down here! My parents and sister live in naples.

You need to buy asap. Like TT/Ameasap said the values are skyrocketing. My house has averaged about a 30-50% increase in value in the last couple of years. Average price last year in my hood was $250k for a 1600 sf ranch house that is 50 years old. This year its in the $350k range, but I'm very close to downtown in an up-and-coming hood.

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
When you gonna get here Dave?:D

Bo

ASAP...these Michigan winters are killing me!:cool:

First, I have to build a car quick enough to hang with the Florida guys. :D

Yup, right...

the word in the street is THAT car is already built and cruising around, very hush-hush:) Great job on your selection, Bradenton not too far away either,( best hooking track in Florida, IMO ) you are smart;) Good to have you for a (almost) neighbor, Dave, bring the brother along too.

"NJ", Property value, (especially in S. FL) is getting to be PROHIBITIVE. I think I'd do the West coast of Florida, somewhere North of, but as close to the Naples area ( since Naples has also got out of hand).

Re: Yup, right...

Originally posted by Boost
the word in the street is THAT car is already built and cruising around, very hush-hush:) Great job on your selection, Bradenton not too far away either,( best hooking track in Florida, IMO ) you are smart;) Good to have you for a (almost) neighbor, Dave, bring the brother along too.

"NJ", Property value, (especially in S. FL) is getting to be PROHIBITIVE. I think I'd do the West coast of Florida, somewhere North of, but as close to the Naples area ( since Naples has also got out of hand).

Not much cruising going on around here after last weekends 12 inches of snow. It will be nice to be able to drive the GN around all year long. My brother has to stay in Michigan, someone needs to run the business.:D

Roy, maybe you can hook me up with a GN shop in south Florida.
;) :D

Buy some land in Kansas.

$ 300.00 an acre and no crime. Just great people like me. NOTHING to do though:p except cruise on Sat night.

Re: Buy some land in Kansas.

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
$ 300.00 an acre and no crime. Just great people like me. NOTHING to do though:p except cruise on Sat night.

Are you kidding $300.00 a acre:eek:

Theres a reason why its 300 an acre. I suggest visiting us first, then decide what you want in the long run. If I could move back to the quad cities(where Im from) I would be looked upon as being very wealthy. I choose not to go back because I love it down here ALL year round and I run a weld shop, so dont say it's too hot...it's hot, but not too hot..... You cant beat going to the beach after work(usually off at 2:30pm) and relax for the night with a few drinks and good intertainment for a little of nothing.

Dave is very smart for buying that property when he did. I would assume it has trippled in value.

Like my lot. 1/4 acre on lake for 6,000.....less than a year later 37,000. Granted, I got in a hot spot, but they're out there.

PM me if you are serious about buying. I can help you out for some of the hot spots around my area.

Bo

easy there slick

Easy there Bo, dont trash it till ya see it. I was being sarcastic, but we do have a damn good quality of life here, with little crime. Dont lock our doors, cars left outside unlocked. Nice and quiet. 2800 people in my town. If we need to go to Chiefs games or Broncos games or whatever its only a 2-3 hour drive.

Granted this isnt Florida, I am sure Florida is awesome with many things to do.

To each his own.

I will find out what Florida is all about, we are coming to Disneyworld this June.

Ty

uneasy?

I am in the least bit uneasy. I see and hear people moving into this state like a revolving door. I am not comparing states in any way. Apples/Oranges;) I lived in the Midwest for 24 years.
Just trying to help.

Bo

Back