ebay headers

8AV8

Banned
Has anyone used those stainless steel headers (autochrome, I think)that are for sale all the time on ebay? They look good in the picture but how about fit and performance

Stay away from them! A friend of mine bought a header from this company for his AWD Talon. Header bolted on fine. It was one of the equal length ones. It melted the paint on his valve cover because it was so close and hazed the paint on the hood. It came with really thick gaskets. Why? Because the flanges were warped badly. Trying to get this thing to seal was about impossible. Yes they are stainless but there are many grades of stainless and this is made of cheap stuff. His rusted after about a month. IMO not worth it, try to find a different company to buy from.

I noticed that there was no hole for the O2 sensor so I emailed them
They said go have it drilled and they would pay for it :p
and refund half the money after pictures were sent to them :tongue:

they look identical to the ATR design. I have heard from many to stay away from their products. :confused:

all the headers they are sellin for TR's nobody was installed them... c-mon post up .. with some installed photos and info

THE HEADERS I RECOMMEND ARE FROM GNPERFORMANCE, I BOUGHT A SET OF THESE HEADERS ABOUT 1 YEAR AGO AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM AND ARE STILL IN VERY GOOD SHAPE, I DAILY DRIVE THE CAR,NO RUBS OR USE A BFH NEEDED, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE HEADERS HEAR ARE SOME PICTURES :biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 072.jpg
    Picture 072.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 974
  • Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 892
  • Picture 070.jpg
    Picture 070.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 842
  • Picture 084.jpg
    Picture 084.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 844
I have them on my car they git great. No problems whatso ever.
I'll post some pics tomorrow. It takes to long to resize them to work here and i'm at work.

awesome price to. no problem w/ shipping either like some vendors.
02 bung is right where its supposed to be. I'm going to try 3 1/2 thdp it looks like it will fit. flanges are thicker than ATR. crossover is larger dia.

Here's the pix

Attachments

• rsz_100_0215.jpg
    rsz_100_0215.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 910
  • rsz_100_0218.jpg
    rsz_100_0218.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 953
  • rsz_1100_0221.jpg
    rsz_1100_0221.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 921
you can buy the headers from GNPERFORMANCE by calling
714-855-1154 ask for sod, tell him ziggy sent you :biggrin:

I called that number and a recording said it wasn't a valid number. Were you off a digit or something?

IMHO, Sod's headers are exactly the same but ceramic coated. I picked mine up for $470 shipped from ssautochrome. I think Sod sells them for $700...

Hye Tech Performance, Sod 626-855-1154

GN1Performance, Archie 626-695-5030

Prices may vary.....