You can type here any text you want

ECM and MAP/MAF question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89mulletbird

I hear about guys modding their ECM, what does this mean?

Also, does the TTA usa a MAP or MAF sensor? Is it the same as the LS1 version?

Finally, I just bought a TYPE II ignition module and coil, but can't get the car to fire up with it. Is there something obvious I'm not doing besides plugging in the ECM?

Just snooping around for some more mods to do...

89mulletbird said:
I hear about guys modding their ECM, what does this mean?

Also, does the TTA usa a MAP or MAF sensor? Is it the same as the LS1 version?

Finally, I just bought a TYPE II ignition module and coil, but can't get the car to fire up with it. Is there something obvious I'm not doing besides plugging in the ECM?

Just snooping around for some more mods to do...

You modify the ecm to allow support of large injectors. Typically greater than 72's. Altho there are some 55's that require the modded ecm.

TTA uses both. MAF and MAP. MAF for airflow. MAP for your dash boost guage. No the LS1 sensor not the same. You can buy a translator that allows the use of the LS1 sensor.

Leave the original ignition on the car. It needs ZERO improvement. Times in my sig are done with a 1989 OEM coil pack and original ignition module.

Leave the car's electronics as close to stock as possible. There is no need for improvement. Someone prove me wrong :biggrin:

Back