You can type here any text you want

ecm chip identification help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

7tcutty

hey everbody

can anyone help me id these chips i have and help me find specs?

1 c571 85 GN
this has flourescent green stickers on it top side says 85 GN bottom(pinside) says c 571
2 this is a kenne bell chip
part number is 9006 P2

if anyone can help id really appreciated it !!!!
the car runs kinda crappy with the #1 chip idle surges doesnt seem to build boost

the car idles better with the KB chip but its sound like its camming real good throttle responce and seems to build boost quiker but the check engine light stays on with this chip?

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!
karl williams

7tcutty said:
hey everbody

can anyone help me id these chips i have and help me find specs?

1 c571 85 GN
this has flourescent green stickers on it top side says 85 GN bottom(pinside) says c 571
2 this is a kenne bell chip
part number is 9006 P2

if anyone can help id really appreciated it !!!!
the car runs kinda crappy with the #1 chip idle surges doesnt seem to build boost

the car idles better with the KB chip but its sound like its camming real good throttle responce and seems to build boost quiker but the check engine light stays on with this chip?

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!
karl williams

As far as I remember the KB 9006 P2 was his Pro-Street Chip for 86-87's not for 84-85 cars.
Probably why Check eng lite is On?

Do you still have 84-85 ecu or has the converstion been done?

thanks for the reply joe

the car still has a hot air ecm as far as i can tell i plan to swap it over as soon as i can find a computer and chip.
do you happen to know the specs of that chip?

thanks again
karl

7tcutty said:
thanks for the reply joe

the car still has a hot air ecm as far as i can tell i plan to swap it over as soon as i can find a computer and chip.
do you happen to know the specs of that chip?

thanks again
karl

I believe the w.o.t. timing was 22 deg, and was programed for 17-17.5psi
TCC- lock-up was raised higher than stock, fan-turn on earlier in temp etc.
22 deg timing on todays 92-93 is a little on the high side for that boost level.

If and when you covert over, it would be to your advantage to get a later chip for your set-up. Plenty of us out here can fix you up for sure. :)

Back