You can type here any text you want

ECM driver change.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slo86GN

The Nightstalker
Ok guys/gals, need a small miracle here....Need to know who can do an injector driver change with a quick turn-around. Did a few test runs last night and the car is out of injector at 22#, so it's time for the 72# injs to go in. Only problem is I need this done before Reynolds if at all possible. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Bob Bailey
Bailey Engineering

bailey@netquest.com

or Red Armstrong but if you want it fast go with Bob and definatly stick with one of the two

Btw: i think you have a lil left in them 50's but not much

Thanks much....Those are actually 15x8's but with either 28-12.50 ET Streets or 275-50/15 BFG radial T/A's. I recently pulled the ET Streets off the second set and replaced them with some actual slicks. Maybe now with good 60 fts the car will have a 10 sec pass in it...lol.

Naw Red....DS showed 102% duty cycle at 23-24# plus EGT went up to 1642, so 22# is about all she'll take with the 50# injs. No knock....running straight 114 octane to minimize the risk of that. Guess I'll drop Bob an email to see how quick he can get this done for me. Do know one thing though.......she's pulls like a frickin freight train at 22# with 2deg advance on the Trans+. Can't wait to turn it up more and and a bunch of timing. Should be...ummmm...entertaining...:D

wonder what my duty cycle would have been on mine when i went 127 mph.... :confused:

I had base fuel pressure at 65# and 23-24# boost 02's were 640's on that pass..:eek:

trying to make track this friday and find out where the 340 pump gives up..:D

Last time I heard - there was a shortage of inventory of the drivers. Step One is to determine if your chosen ECM modifying party has the drivers in his posession!

LOL...Red, those 50's were prolly screaming for mercy. If what Scott says is true, looks like I'll be stuck running 22 maybe 23# at Reynolds. However, I am still waiting to hear back from Bob, so who knows. Hopefully (knocking on wood, fingers crossed, etc..) I can get the 72's installed, but if not, I'll just see how far I can push the 50's w/o hurting anything.

Bob just did mine on 8/19/02 and still had some left so hopefully he still does

actually he did 2 of them for me at that time...ones a buddy's though

got my long block together last night and hopeing to make the track friday night when they're calling for a low of 34 degrees now.

I'm not at home at the moment,

I have drivers left.

I can turn your ECM around in a couple days.

I'll answer your email tonight with shipping info.

Bob

Wow...34 deg for the low......Hmmmm, means the temps will drop like a rock after the sun goes down. Me thinks that's very, very good turbo weather....:D I know it's finally cooling off some down here and the GN is loving it. Gotta hate it when the tires won't stop spinning til 70mph on the street....:D :D

Thanks much for the reply Bob. I'll be looking for your email tonight and get the ECM out to you first thing in the morning.

Good luck running when it is that cold. Every track I've ever raced at in the last 14 years would not open unless the temperature was forecasted to be in the forties..some insist on the temperature being 50.

When it is that cold out, traction sucks big time!:(

Originally posted by Scott231
When it is that cold out, traction sucks big time!:(

im going to va. motorsports park and normally they moniter track temp and if it gets too low they have a heater that looks like a jet engine mounted to a trailer that heats it right up

the ground temp is not real cold since we are just now geting into cold temps so the track shouldnt get too cold due to heat out the ground

i'll be vht'ing my tires really good before i get a pass in ... im gong to go for 2 60 ft passes to see how hard i can launch and hook then i plan to pull a full pass and they most likely wont let me run anymore with no cage. :(

if it tries to hook i'd love to see 10.3* at 130 + but i still gotta get out here and get it finished up motor still on stand right now.:eek:

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
im going to va. motorsports park and normally they moniter track temp and if it gets too low they have a heater that looks like a jet engine mounted to a trailer that heats it right up

the ground temp is not real cold since we are just now geting into cold temps so the track shouldnt get too cold due to heat out the ground

i'll be vht'ing my tires really good before i get a pass in ... im gong to go for 2 60 ft passes to see how hard i can launch and hook then i plan to pull a full pass and they most likely wont let me run anymore with no cage. :(

if it tries to hook i'd love to see 10.3* at 130 + but i still gotta get out here and get it finished up motor still on stand right now.:eek:

GEEZ!!!! Red you really think you'll go 10.3!!! Keep me informed bro!!!:eek: :eek: ;)

Slo86GN, drop me a line I can tell you some history on your car. Its Brain Rices Old car, Super nice ride I did some 1.71 60's in that thing with stock motor and Std BFG 275-50 radials. Chris Hunt did a super job on the cage in there as well !! Its a shame the car only had 4500 miles on it when he bought it, and instant modifications LOL !!!! Youve gotta super nice one.

Originally posted by Vader 87
Red what kind of slicks do you run?

well since my last outting i've....changed to n/a v6 front springs, removed front sway bar, put in 90/10 shocks notched frame and moved wheel wells in and have 28/12.50/15 et streets under it, i've gone from my hooker d/p and duel 2 1/2 exaust to atr 3" external d/p and single shot exaust, i stepped up to a 208-224 cam, i've done alot more port work on the heads, and i've restalled my converter from 2800 to 3400, not to mention the step up to 75# injectors

my 11.16 @ 127 pass was coming out off idle with a 1.84 60 ft and no tire spin and just about the 1/8 mile the car started popping out the intake from being lean with 02's reading 640's and that was at 23-24# boost

so now im looking at not being lean and having the boost up in he upper 20's depending on if ol walbro will keep up..LOL

and im nowhere near planning on coming out off idle this time..:D

i've got a gallon of vht and a spray bottle ready to go ;)

think its possible ???

Back