You can type here any text you want

ECM faulty?!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PhilM

Präzisionelektronik
I am one bummed out dude:

Just had ecm modded for 55# injs and i find that the injectors arent pulsing at all. Also, the ecm doesnt trigger the fuel pump. Ive spent two days trying to troubleshoot the new engine and the results all point to a faulty ecm.

Is this common or just another addition to my insanity for building a TB.

Do they test the ecms first before they perform the mods?

what should i do or try?

What ECM?

How do you know the injectors aren't firing- have you put a noid light on?

-Bob Cunningham

i followed the detailed troubleshooting charts on gnttype which definitely included testing the injs. with the light. THe injectors have power as well (apprx 12v). The flow charts said that i had faulty injector drivers.

The largest clue though, that the ecm is shot is that the fuel pump isnt triggered.

I dunno, maybe something else is shutting off fuel in the ecm as a form of protection ?!

Also, the car has never been started before and i could be missing something? I checked cam ssnssor and the crank sensor is new and i am still getting spark - just no fuel.

I also know the injectors arent opening because as we hard wired the FP "on", the car still wouldnt fire at all.

Any help appreciated - i am going nuts, i swear, because ive waited for that ecm to be finished for awhile and thats all i need is to find that the ecm is dead.:(

Same here....

I waited for some time to install it, didn't need it, was running 50's
but it was also set up for DS so when I got the program and lap top I couldn't wait to pop it in.

I made it from my shop to the Interstate and about 20 miles later I was limping back to the shop. I wish I had good news....

:cool:

Back