You can type here any text you want

ECM going crazy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
Driving to work I noticed the car hesitating and putting, but made it in there. Got outta work and it wouldn't stay running. Check engine light would flicker, stay on, it would stall. I noticed the scnmaster went to 996mv and 59.5* retard(not right at idle. turning the key forward The check engine light would disappear then come back. AF reading was all over the place at idle from 1-253(without hitting the gas). I also noticed that when it dies and I couldn't restart it 055 and 55.0 appeared on the display.

The only codes I got were a 21 in the morning(went away) and code 42 right now. No 55 for ECM error. unless the scanmaster picked it up and the diagnostic circuit didn't. I also noticed the pintle on the injectors were going mad click,clickity,click for ever with the key in the forward posistion.

Am I correct in assuming a dead or dying ECM? Even the scnmaster would die out(lost reading from ECM. Any help would be appreciated.

Pete

Had the same problem, it was the ECM connector plug. One of the male ends got bent during installation. I straightened the male end, cleaned all the connections, and no problem since.

I used a magnifying glass to check all the connections.

I hope your problem is that simple.

Deep Enough
Donald McMullin

Back