You can type here any text you want

ecm problem help? after new chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
hey guys so i have a huge problem here hope u guys could help me out?
To start of I needed my TT chip updated made a few changes to my Buick!
So I contact eric, great guy never had issues with his chips!! I send him my chip to get adjust for my new changes receive it back today happy about it install it then connect the battery when ahead an started the car but wouldn't start just crank check my F/P gauge and read no fuel, also didn't get a check engine light at all even when turn key into ignition!!!! it started to smell like burn when ahead and disconnect the battery came back to the ecm it smell bad had a little yellow smoke on the rug or like power from what ever happen I have never experience anything like this don't know what could have cause this :/ maybe the chip car was find before with the same chip but not updated?

There are 2 simple ways to trouble shoot this issue.

Either remove the chip and see if the car starts in the default mode, or try another chip.

There are 2 simple ways to trouble shoot this issue.

Either remove the chip and see if the car starts in the default mode, or try another chip.

Hey, Nick how you been? hopefully good!!
ill try this tomorrow, when I get a chance I didnt know im able to try to start the car with out the chip, and the other hand i dont have the extra chip to try swaping chip's :/.... If car starts with out chip what does that mean? an if not mostly i need a pcm?
so ii can start looking for shoud i just get a modded or stock?

Thanks,

Back