You can type here any text you want

ECM relocation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BYT86GN

Has anyone or is there any way you can relocate the ECM? The reason I am asking is because I keep getting water or moisture on my ECM causing it to short out. This has happened to me twice already. Once when it was raining really bad my GN died on the road. I had no idea what happened until I removed the ECM and noticed that there was water on the chip. The second time it happened was when I went on a long road trip I ran my A/C for the duration of the trip until the same thing happened my car died again. Luckily this time I had a spare ECM and chip. I noticed that there was moisture on my chip again. Has anyone else had this happen to them. I would like to relocate the ECM until I can figure out where the water is coming from. Any idea's or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

It's easier to fix where the water's coming in. Better for the floorboards too.

Until you get the leak fixed, maybe you could flip the ecm upsidie down and attach it to something up in the dash with the harness end pointing down. That way the harness goes down and then back up so water that is running down the wires will drip off and stay out of the connectors. Never done it but I think there is room to the right of the glovebox. Anything further would be a major job of extending the wiring harness.

It's easier to fix where the water's coming in. Better for the floorboards too.

Yah your right I intend to fix the leak but at the moment I was just hoping there was a quick solution to relocating the ECM. I am still hunting for the leak and it doesn't help that hurricane season is about to pick up down here. My GN is a daily driver back and forth to work and lately we have been getting some nasty rain storms down here. I was hoping that some one made an aftermarket extension wiring harness that would allow me to temporarily mount the ECM in the trunk until I could get the leaks fixed.

Until you get the leak fixed, maybe you could flip the ecm upsidie down and attach it to something up in the dash with the harness end pointing down. That way the harness goes down and then back up so water that is running down the wires will drip off and stay out of the connectors. Never done it but I think there is room to the right of the glovebox. Anything further would be a major job of extending the wiring harness.

Thanks that sounds like a much better idea. Right now I have the ECM on the floor. I'm gonna get some tie straps and strap it to the glove box until I can get that leak fixed

Back