You can type here any text you want

Ecm Upgrade Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nailheadpowered

Wanted to know what size injectors can be used with an ECM that has had the drivers done. Do you have to pic a size like 72 or 83lb injectors or will an upgraded ECM with the drivers done for low impedence run any size injector? :rolleyes: also would that eliminate using high impedence injectors like my 65lb mototrons? thanks.

nailheadpowered said:
Wanted to know what size injectors can be used with an ECM that has had the drivers done. Do you have to pic a size like 72 or 83lb injectors or will an upgraded ECM with the drivers done for low impedance run any size injector? :rolleyes: also would that eliminate using high impedance injectors like my 65lb mototrons? thanks.

I cant say for sure or not if you can use highz with a modded ecm. But with that being said you do not have to designate a certain set of lowz injectors you can use any of them. I would wait honestly supposedly full throttle speed will have a huge set of injectors coming out ( I cant remember the pound off the top of my head) :D

Once the ECM is modded and the p-h drivers installed, you can run any size injectors you want with the appropriate chip. You can use a modded ECM for high impedance injectors, but not an unmodded ECM for low impedance injectors.

So if I do my p-h drivers i can run low or high impedence injectors without any issues? also with a upgraded ecm can i still run my current injectors and chip or do i need to redo my current chip? thanks NJvetteGuy.

WTH is going on here?

Can I get something big - just plug in without moded ECM costs?

Went from stock to lots of mods and 36PPH because "ya do not need to mess with injectors" to 50 PPH but still seems to not be lots of fuel at 22 PSI.

A 10 in the 1/4 would be way cool - what injector would be needed?

nailheadpowered just wanted to expand on your OP - good question and I want to expand on the reply above.

Blown&Injected said:
WTH is going on here?

Can I get something big - just plug in without moded ECM costs?

Went from stock to lots of mods and 36PPH because "ya do not need to mess with injectors" to 50 PPH but still seems to not be lots of fuel at 22 PSI.

A 10 in the 1/4 would be way cool - what injector would be needed?

nailheadpowered just wanted to expand on your OP - good question and I want to expand on the reply above.

As far as current High Imp Injectors for 10's, depending on Car/Driver weight.

I believe 50's would be minimum. 55, 57, & 60/65's are available for use without ECU mods.

I think Mike L. is working on obtaining 90-91# High Imp., but haven't heard any updates lately.

I sent you a quick reference Power, ET, Fuel Calculator I put together as an excel file. Didn't know how to post/host link for it. Maybe you can pass along to anyone interested.

Joe :)

back to my original question So if I do my p-h drivers i can run low or high impedence injectors without any issues? also with a upgraded ecm can i still run my current injectors and chip or do i need to redo my current chip? and max size injector thanks NJvetteGuy.

Modded ECM can drive any injector. The chip must be matched to the injector size to get the correct amount of fuel.

about $140, shipping depends on how fast you ship overnite,priority, reg.
Do the search on who does it and call. Fullthrottle did mine.

Back