You can type here any text you want

Ecu question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

82 sport coupe

are turbo and non turbo ecu the same . my car has one from a junk yard and says 82monte. were can i find out if i have the right ecu or maybe get my hands on one . thanks for your time:cool:

you dont need a ecu on the turbo car, i dont have one. If you put a edelbrock intake on a none turbo car with a holly you also dont need a ecu. i had my car like that for some time.

Don't worry Matt. It will be coming to your state soon. Just look at cap and trade agreement after all.:eek::mad::biggrin:

well i looked on that sight and only found the codes for troubleshooten. got more problems now the carb is spitin gas off the sensor on top of the carb ...wtf:mad:

You need an ECM if you want timing to advance and the knock sensor to work and the trans to lock up and etc.

I would try to find the right ECM, but the '82 Monte should be close. I don't know if the '82 Monte would have a knock sensor though. I think only the Buick 3.8 Turbo and 4.1 had them that year. If you can't find one for a turbo 3.8, a '82 4.1 would be the next best thing. It was the last year for the accelerometer knock sensor.

I would hook up a scan tool and see what the sensors are reading with the current ECM.

^^^There's the man that ownes the site. Welcome back Rich. Hope you enjoyed the email. LOL As far as a rebuilt unit I literally bought the last one in the country. Took me about 2 weeks to get it.

im thinkin the car was stolen or sutten when i bought the car it was 1987.pasenger side rear window was replaced 2 . 15 years later is when i find this out. all those years drivin and had no problems. if its not broke dont fix it right:eek:

Back