You can type here any text you want

edelbrock or other carb...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Best suggestions for a NA 231, would be a holley 390 or 450 cfm. the spread bore holley would be the best option, but are limited to 650cfm and higher. The edelbrock 500 would be fine as well. There is no need for a thunder series carb, your buying performance you wont need. As for the quadra toilet.... I'll leave that up to charlie .... as I hate the things.

:biggrin: A.j.

As far as a size I used to run a 630 early Q-Jet on my old NA for racing and a 730 on the street for better manors. Get the 650 at least and use a 1" hiker for better velocity.

you bet. you should see the pile i have in my back yard! it would make you cry. there probably 30 or 40 that the dog pees on.

A.j.

If you would like to take the needles, jets, and rear hangers out of them I'll be more than happy to pay you for them Aj. They've gotten scarce lately and I have a BUNCH of dirt guys that keep asking for a tune on their carbs.
As far as how much they're worth I get $400 a carb which includes you paying me to get in the track you're running so I can tune it between races. A friend of mine just got married and we're cleaning out his storage unit and have problbly 150 carbs sitting in my work room right now in pieces. He and I are going to go through them and see whats worth building and then re-selling them. I even have an old power jet off of a bus and it's a hog as far as air flow.

Hey,

Keep me in mind. I indulge into Q-jet madness as a hobbie. I don't race. Just love the sound of a classic purring Rochester tuned to street perfection. Put's me in Q-jet heavan.:tongue:

I found out today when edelbrock stopped making the Q-jet they owed Webber for the parts so they gave the patent for the Q-jet and the Carter to them in lue of payment.

That would be GREAT Aj. Most of them are gone from the junk yards around here for some reason. One of these days I'll take a pic of the pile my friend has here. If you had a box to put them in it would have to be 6'x4' and at least 3' deep. He got most of the parts out of them and I get to try and rebuild them now. Once again, I'm in your dept and one day the mad scientist and the professor will have to meet in person.

Well I can't believe it but I coughed up the cash and bought a new edelbrock performer 500cfm carb. I'm hoping it will save some headaches by starting with something new. from what I've read and heard they sound like they're really easy to work on, and if installed correctly and cleanly they shouldn't cause any grief.

Well I can't believe it but I coughed up the cash and bought a new edelbrock performer 500cfm carb. I'm hoping it will save some headaches by starting with something new. from what I've read and heard they sound like they're really easy to work on, and if installed correctly and cleanly they shouldn't cause any grief.

you got it Boss... you will see it will be a ton of fun and esy to keep in tune!

Good luck!

Aftermarket 1
quadra toliet 0

lmao
j/k

A.j.

we'll see after he installs it Aj. I wonder which one will hit the crapper first. LOL

Back