You can type here any text you want

Edelbrock Shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87Turbo-TWE4

Is there anybody using these currently and what are your impressions. I'm talking about the red performer shocks.

Ah, another shock thread...

I tried every shock on my GN, including the Edelbrocks. IMO, they ride smiliar to the KYB's, but have a firmer "floor". Very tough. The Bilsteins are the only shock I have been satisfied with.

I have the IAS Performer's on my 87 GN for several years now and I love them. Took about 2 years for them to break in and the more they break in the better the car rides. Best shock out there for a street/strip car IMO.

I tried every shock on my GN, including the Edelbrocks. IMO, they ride smiliar to the KYB's, but have a firmer "floor". Very tough. The Bilsteins are the only shock I have been satisfied with.

But aren't the Bils real stiff too?

I've had them on for almost 5 years. Great feel,drive. Bumps are nothing, turns, highway... it does it all. I like the Gun metal(grey) myself.

Here's my honest opinion: I have literally used 30+ different brands of shocks. If your not wanting to spend the money for Bilsteins, just go get a set of Gabreil Red Ryders from the parts store. They are cheap and ride quite nicely. They used to be $10 per shock:eek:. Not sure how much they are now.

Back