You can type here any text you want

egt for powerlogger

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

missin' 2

what egt sensor are people using to log on the powerlogger? i want to be able to switch it between the 6 cylinders and compare.

I just purchased the rjc probe, it uses a 3/16" instead of the 1/8" threaded bung. You will want the type"K" probe.

You still need an EGT amp to get the signal up to BL range. The EGT amps FTSS used to sell is no longer made. PLX has an EGT amp, not cheap though

A friend of mine did 8 cylinders in his blown Chevelle years ago. He used Westec airplane gauges. 4 cylinders on each gauge. They make a 2, 3, 4 face gauge. We would need 2, 3 face gauges. Then you would need to get the signal to the logger. Seems to me that airplane gauges would send a signal to keep record. Someone like Bob ought to be able to make it work.

I just found a source for the EGT amps, I need to verify that they work the same as the old ones.

Bob

I just found a source for the EGT amps, I need to verify that they work the same as the old ones.

Bob

Bob,
I have an amp from FTS that did not work. I think it was from the last batch made.
The EGT’s were waaaaaay to high and if memory serves me correctly, it was about +500F off.
I borrowed one of the earlier ones and that one worked great. The thread is on the FT site.

Following discussions with FT I was told I was SOL, because it was something else on the set-up.
I still purchased parts from FT after that, so I am not bashing them.

I ended up using another EGT amp . . . . . I am still praying you will add it to the PL, or provide a user option to adjust the voltage range. ;)
http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=3959&highlight=egt

If you are interested in testing the old FT amp, let me know and I will mail it out.

I remember that thread, the new amp you had was supposed to be adjustable, if not I can add it.

you can send me the old FT amp to check.

Bob

Back