Eibach Lowering Springs...Bilstein Shocks?

Stockbroker1977

Hello. I have an 87 GN. I am looking to clean up the suspension with using Bilstein shocks from Kirbin. My questions is that I would like to lower the car using Eibach lowering springs. Will the Bilsteins work with the Eibach shocks? Does anyone recommend a better pairing combination? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! THX.

I have the eibach pro-kit on my 83 Cutlass and they are great. I am using monroe shocks which If I could do over I would definatley got with the Bilstein shocks. I have heard they are the best shock to use with Eibach Pro-kit springs.

Have that combo on my 86 and love the handling improvement, a little on the stiff side though.

Have that combo on my 86 and love the handling improvement, a little on the stiff side though.

I agree. I have the Bilsteins and Eibachs. I also have the complete HnR swaybar and HnR rear suspension with air bags. I also find it a little stiffer than before, but I like the look and the way it handles too. For the amount I drive it, it's not an issue for me. There are other options for lowering your car. Do a search. This topic has been beat to death and there have been some informative threads.

Attachments

• DSC01101 (Large).jpg
    DSC01101 (Large).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 392
If your used to driving cadillacs i guess it would feel stiff. But I just did this mod on my T and its great. The car is still soft over bumps and does not bounce anymore at high speeds, which I thought was very dangerous. Best thing you can do for your car is the eibachs and bilsteins.

-Nick

Here are a couple pics of mine.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 452
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 422
Mine with Hotchkis Springs and Lakewood Drag Shocks Suspension Tech front sway bar and H&R bar in the rear. BMR Uppers and Lowers, All poly body to frame mounts too.

Attachments

• DSCN2171.jpg
    DSCN2171.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 358
Do it. Personally, I think this should be mod #1 for these cars. They make it actually feel like a car, not a metal box with a turbo in it.