You can type here any text you want

Eibach or SPC springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike

Money pit
I was looking at the SPC springs, but am having trouble finding someone who owns them. Eibach's were also recommended. The Eibach's are stiffer and I am not opposed to that. I'm just trying to get some feedback on who has either spring and their thoughts.

I was looking at the SPC springs, but am having trouble finding someone who owns them. Eibach's were also recommended. The Eibach's are stiffer and I am not opposed to that. I'm just trying to get some feedback on who has either spring and their thoughts.

I do know that essentially you have two types of springs, progressive and linear. I don't know a bit about the SPC's, but I know the eibachs pro kit is progressive with isn't too stiff of a ride and will not hurt drag performance too much. I know companies like hotchkis make REALLY stiff springs which are mainly meant for handling. Very soft springs are great for drag. To me the Eibachs fit you right in between. Lots of guys getting decent 60fts with Eibachs as well. Your call. Im definitely no expert. just remember doing research a while back. I always made the correct decision but I never remember "why". Getting old sucks.

eibachs

have them on my t-type and they are a big improvement on ride ,handling,and drag.I`m gettin 1.8`s off a foot brake no boost at the line.Don`t think you can go wrong with them very high quality.

Thanks for the replies. The Eibach's have a higher spring rate than the SPC's and lower a hair less, but the SPC rears are not progressive. It seems like people complain about the rear springs sagging on the Eibachs, but for the price they go for (especially with the rebate and Summit coupon) I can always get some better rears in the future if need be and I'll still break even. :cool:

Thanks for the replies. The Eibach's have a higher spring rate than the SPC's and lower a hair less, but the SPC rears are not progressive. It seems like people complain about the rear springs sagging on the Eibachs, but for the price they go for (especially with the rebate and Summit coupon) I can always get some better rears in the future if need be and I'll still break even. :cool:

Damn, I didnt get no summit coupon this year. last holiday season I got a $50 dollar off with spending $200. This year nothing.

I'd really like to see some results on the SPC's. I do really like the fact that they are not progressive springs. That'll also allow a little trim work if needed!

I run BellTechs in the rear of my car and I'm really happy with them. I believe I've been running the same set in different cars for 12 years now. They are progressive though.

I'm Running the Eibachs, but the bad part is the front end was way up in the air after I replaced the springs due to the lack of weight. On the bright side the spring rate is excellent and the drop is not too excessive for the rear. I just installed a set of belltech drop spindles on the front end and I have to say that it looks and rides great still. Definitely much better than the stock setup.

I have a brand NEW set of SPC springs (Front and Rear) I bought from Savitski Custom and Classic. Savitske Classic & Custom - SPC Springs

I paid $315.00 shipped to my door. If u want them send me PM. I have just been too lazy to put them in the for sale section.

To be honest with you I forgot I even had them. There were in Otto's garage collecting dust. I had bought a set of GW and had them installed and then found these.....:rolleyes: Switching the rear, no big deal. Fronts, mush bigger deal so im just gonna keep what I got.

Looks like I'll be going with SPC springs! :biggrin: Thanks Brett. It's going to be awhile before I get to use them though. I just took the body off the frame last weekend. This car will be a long ongoing project.

Back