You can type here any text you want

Electric cutout, best fit for ATR dump?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ez at nova

I hate rice
I've read the searched info for the elec. cutouts but couldn't find my answer. I was looking at getting an electric cutout for my system. I currently have ATRs 3" straight test pipe connecting my 3" THDP to my 3" ATR crossover exhaust. ATR had the perfect pipe for this. So, if I change to a dump, I would imagine ATR's 3" pipe with dump would be the obvious choice for best fit. So then the question is, what electric cutout could work for me? My friend has one from http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/qtec.htm that I can get for virtually nothing from him, so I'd like to use this unit. BUT, I see that the bolt holes in this unit are just static round holes, whereas Mark's unit has "slots" so that the unit has some flexibility in fit. I've also seen another vendor of the elec cutout out there, but I forget where right now. Anyone have any experience or suggestions for fitting the quicktime unit to the ATR piece ?

Thanks!
Jeff

Yeah but see, a nearly free quicktime unit seems much better to me then paying a bunch for Mark's unit. If I were making a choice paying retail for either, I would certainly choose Marks, but if the quicktime piece will work, it's hard to turn down.

Looks like your main concern here is what dump pipe to use. I don't have any experience with the ATR dump but don't see why you can't use the TH dump with your THDP. I think length might be an issue but it is easy to cut.

If you use the TH dump you WILL have to cut off the bolts as they are not long enough to work with the electric cutout I sell. Either cutout will work with the ATR dump (not sure if you have to cut the bolts on theirs) so if you can get the Quick Time for next to nothing go for it.

I believe the QT cutout is based on the McCord unit with some mods. Not as heavy duty (IMO) as the ones I have had made up for TR's. The slotted holes do allow for the best fit as well. Any reason why you are getting it for next to nothing?

Thanks for the info Mark. If the TH dump is long, how is it easily cut? We're talking about the main straight pipe length, right, not the little dump pipe piece? If I cut it, wouldn't I need the flange welded back on? I don't have the ability to do that, so unless the TH is less expensive enough to warrant getting it cut, I would think the ATR would be the way to go. I also thought the bolts int eh ATR can just be unscrewed in case I need to insert longer ones.
As far as getting it basically for free, it's because he's my good friend, selling his Camaro, and I can trade him some other parts he needs.

Thanks!

yeah I wouldn't mind hearing more feedback from anyone with a quicktime unit. I think we all know that Mark's are as good as you can get, but what about the QT one? If the thing is going to be a POS, I don't even want to fool with it.
It was pretty impossible to tell if the QT leaked on my friend's Z28 because he had a flowmaster on the car so it was decently loud even with the valve shut, and I never bothered to crawl under the car to check. Then again, I'd have the same situation running the ATR Pitbull... I doubt I'd hear a leak.

Looks like your main concern here is what dump pipe to use. I don't have any experience with the ATR dump but don't see why you can't use the TH dump with your THDP. I think length might be an issue but it is easy to cut.

If you use the TH dump you WILL have to cut off the bolts as they are not long enough to work with the electric cutout I sell. Either cutout will work with the ATR dump (not sure if you have to cut the bolts on theirs) so if you can get the Quick Time for next to nothing go for it.

I believe the QT cutout is based on the McCord unit with some mods. Not as heavy duty (IMO) as the ones I have had made up for TR's. The slotted holes do allow for the best fit as well. Any reason why you are getting it for next to nothing?
old thread but do you still have these electric cutouts?

Back