electric radiator fan for 86 gn

The only car that uses some of the main componets is the 84-87 Pontiac Fiero.
Shroud 85-87 with AC and heavy duty cooling
Fan Blade 84 only with AC
Motor 85-87 with AC and HDC
Top mounting plate is 86-87 IC TR only

The easiest way to tell if a Fiero has HDC is to compare the part number cast in to the shroud which will be 22049524. The HD motor is a 3 wire connector where the STD motor is a 2 wire. Fan blades should be interchangable on the 85-87, the only difference is the blade count. A top plate from a Cutlass/Regal with the 307 V-8 will work but you will have to weld on the top shroud mountings.

A word of wisdom. In the hundreds of Fieros I have seen in the salvage yards, only one had the HDC option. It was an 87 Formula. Those parts are extremely scare. Time might be better spent buying a used setup from one of the vendors.

Some mid-80's diesels used a fan motor which was even more powerful than the TR fan motor, and fits our shroud. Sorry, but I can't name specific models.

Originally posted by black-gn
what other car has the same electric radiator fan?

To make it simpler, eyeball the fan on your TR. Fieros have two types of fans. One just like the TRs and another style. The other style the motor bulges out a couple inches from the shroud and the TR type the motor is flush with the shroud. Of course, you need the one that looks like the TR fan.

I always look for the little "hi speed / low speed" resistor thing.

But it is hit or miss with the junk yard fans. They get rained on and they are 15 years old.

Best bet is to spend the $79 and get the ramchargers dual fan that works 10 times better anyway.

I agree with the above mentioned RamCharger's fan. However, a similar fan can be found on 97 and up Caravans and Intrepids. Or if you can find a 93 and up F-body you'll be really cool for cheap.