You can type here any text you want

Electric Turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Peter

Has any one tried one of these ? See attachment.

It has an electric motor that will spin the turbo up to give boost at low RPMs. Sounds like a good idea?

Originally posted by Peter
Has any one tried one of these ? See attachment.

It has an electric motor that will spin the turbo up to give boost at low RPMs. Sounds like a good idea?
OK Peter what attachment, or was this just a tease :p

attachment

Sorry guys I forgot the file size limitation. I have reduced it to 28K ,hope its still visible.:D

Attachment

I have it at 28K in "ipg" and it will not attach. What am I doing wrong?

Electric Turbo? Never heard of it, however sounds like a good idea. I remember my old sport coupe didn't spool until you layed into the throttle pretty good. With my current setup, under normal driving conditions, I always get about 2-3 psi boost. Its good and bad. Good on gas, but works the turbo all the time! If you can please e-mail me a pic of this electric turbo, id like to see what it loooks like. My address is pretender124@hotmail.com
thanks!:D

Is it the "e-turbo" by Garret?

I've seen designs for belt driven & compressed air powered turbo's to help with spool up before. Neat idea;)

Before trying something like that, there are three thing that should help spool up on an early Carb/Turbo:

Bigger Downpipe.
0.63 A/R Turbine housing.
Relief Valve in-line with wastegate actuator.

Does the electric supercharger mount to the compressor or turbine side?

Very exciting!

Definately a step in the right direction.
Now, if they could only make the turbo ALL electrically driven & remove it from all that heat of the exhaust gasses in the turbine side. Imagine what a cool charge of air it would be capable of making:)

Now, if they could only make the turbo ALL electrically driven & remove it from all that heat of the exhaust gasses in the turbine side. Imagine what a cool charge of air it would be capable of making

then you would have an electrically driven centrifigual supercharger instead of a turbo. :D

Yeah, that would be the idea;):D

But wouldn't it (:confused: ) still be a turbo if it was just a variable speed electric motor turning the compressor side of a turbocharger & the exhaust housing removed?
centrifigual superchargers aside.

:confused:

Back