You can type here any text you want

Electric Water pump and Fans & Deals

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Since my timing system needs to be replaced, I was thinking of fixing the water pump and cooling system as some simple performance mods on the car. I was thinking of buying an electric water pump for my 83 TB and taking off the fan and spacers in replacement of an electric fan... I SHOULD probably get my car running right first, but I would like to do this. my AC system is already disconnected and condensor and AC systems will probably come out to give it a bit more power. A Good Guy here on Turbobuick.com (Turbofabricator) offered to fix my engine in return for painting his t-type in my class... any feedback...:confused:

There is no real benefit to run an electric water pump on the street, and at least 2 downsides. :eek:

The electric pump and fab work is expensive, and they are less reliable than a stock pump, especially for street use.

If you decide to go with it, check with TA Performance as they carry electric pumps in stock for the V-6. :)

Back