You can type here any text you want

Electrical question.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Guys, as you know I have been installing some gauges for a while now. Car is down and am going through everything trying to make it better or fix everything that did not work while I have time. I have two gauges inside the car. Mechanical oil pressure gauge and a boost gauge like mainly everyone does. I got one of the lights to work, but one will not. I have swapped grounds, bulbs and even remade a harness for both the ground and power wire. I still cannot get the light to come on once I turn key on—are there some gauge lights that do not work until the car is on fully? I am not sure which one it came out of because I used the bulbs to switch and still cannot get them to work. Once again the two gauges I have are mechanical oil and the typical boost gauge—both are Autometer. What else should I look at if anything else? I could drive it with only one gauge lot at night, but since I have time I’d tather get them both working

If ya can try hooking them up the the grey wire bay the radio. It’s the lighting wire for the ashtray(if ya don’t have one).

That way you can use the same wire for both gauges to test. If they both light up, you have a good source for permanent hook-up. If not it may be a gauge issue.

I have all of my gauges hooked up to either BAT or IGN(can’t remember exactly) using Power Taps to the fuse box.

Power Tap into inline fuse to gauge light terminal. All grounds Daisy chained to one another then they go to a DIN rail of grounds on the firewall which is wired directly to the battery.

Back