electronic boost controller

garrett

I'm interested in possibly purchasing an electronic boost controller. I don't know alot about them, but I assume that they are more precise in controling boost. I want a system that can keep the boost at 20lbs, give or take 1lb. I presently run a RJC manual boost controller. After speaking to Jason, he told me that his boost controller is really designed for cars that run a minimum of 24-25 lbs of boost. I would have to un-screw it almost the whole way to get the boost down to the level which I desire. I don't want to spend $500-$600 for a boost controller. It is a street car, not a competitive race car. Does anyone have any suggestions? Where to buy, price, etc?

Im not sure how much but if you're looking for a closed loop controller, i.e. one that knows the boost level and adjusts to keep it there for you, you will be spending a lot of money... Otherwise your best bet is an adjustable wastegate actuator which you could still use your RJC with. Or make one from your stocker http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/Adj_wastegate.JPG

HTH

Boost command, or ANS turbo controller if you can find one. Used the search function to find threads on them and then post in the parts wanted or search the parts for sale section. HTH!

Im not sure how much but if you're looking for a closed loop controller, i.e. one that knows the boost level and adjusts to keep it there for you, you will be spending a lot of money... Otherwise your best bet is an adjustable wastegate actuator which you could still use your RJC with. Or make one from your stocker http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/Adj_wastegate.JPG

HTH

thanks i will be doing this.

I use the Greddy Profec B spec 2. It's a decent electronic controller for less than the others. If your looking to set it and forget it at around 20 lbs. or so, why not just go "tuner style" which means connect a hose from the tubo directly to the wastegate actuator and then set your boost with you arm adjustment. Definitely cheaper just lacks easy adjustment.

For around $200 the BSTC is a good unit. Has extra settings to help spool up etc & will give 6-7 lbs adjustment on the fly. No complaints with mine.

I have one of these that I am not using. also have the "y" wiring harness that is said to be needed for it. You can have em both for 200

I have one of these that I am not using. also have the "y" wiring harness that is said to be needed for it. You can have em both for 200

The "Y" harness lets you run 2 solenoids with a 14lb adjustment. I have one that I use sometimes as well. I did notice that its not as accurate after about 11-12 lbs. Still works but needs a little closer fine tuning. With an adjustable wastegate you have a lot of room for adjustment! There is also a TPS set point for spool & an extra circuit to use off the foot brake or similar. Never used that part yet myself but its there if you choose to.

PS: $200 to your door is a fair price IMO. Especially getting the added Y thrown in. Thats another $30ish? from Caspers.

I have a innavative multi stage that i ran at 15psi like new all wired just add vac lines and power wire. and mounted to fit in console.

300.00 was about 650.00 new

+1 for the BstC. The 7 pound adjust on the fly works very well for a street car.:cool:
MLH