Engine break in

slow84gn

What is the recommended way to break in a modified engine. Heres whats bee done to the engine.
Ported, Polished heads
Bigger cam
three way valve job
ported throttle body
33c turbo
headers
coolant lines blocked for throttle body
cam dialed in
t&d rocker arms 1.60
big cold air intake
elecrtic fan
block bored 30 over
gutted cat converter
adj. fuel reg
adj. actuator
i think thats it.

i wouldnt use that form of break in but its up to you. i would do alot of reading on the board. everyone seems to do it the same way for the most part. do a post in the engine tech section with the same question. the only time i would do a hard break in like the above post is on a bike. i could tell you the way i would do it but do a few searches and see what you come up with. the only thing you really need to worry about is breaking in the cam then putting some miles on it to set the rings.

i wouldnt use that form of break in but its up to you. i would do alot of reading on the board. everyone seems to do it the same way for the most part. do a post in the engine tech section with the same question. the only time i would do a hard break in like the above post is on a bike. i could tell you the way i would do it but do a few searches and see what you come up with. the only thing you really need to worry about is breaking in the cam then putting some miles on it to set the rings.
And how many engines have you broken in??? and no broken doesn't count ;)

Not sure

Not sure about turbo engines so to break mine in I adjusted my rod to get as
little boost as possible and ran it up to 4000 rpms and down again for about 15 miles seems fine good oil press 23 hot idleing in gear:)
My Mustang when i finished rebuilding it i backed it out of the shop
and left about 25 feet of rubber and ran it like i stole it.;)
" IF IT WONT TAKE IT NEW IT WILL NEVER TAKE IT ":D

I just take it easy on mine for couple days of driving. then slowing ride it alittle harder. I dont like being hard on a new motor cause until all the parts seat in theres alot of friction. I've built from lawn mowers in school to motorcycles to nailheads to v-6 buicks and a couple SBC that way and never rolled a cam or had any motor problems. j:biggrin: ust my two cents.....

i would use gm engine oil supplement or diesel engine oil as it has higher
zinc content which will help with cam break in
if you get flat cam lobes in 10000 miles it will be breakin problems
also if you have really strong valve springs i suggest swaping for breakin then
put back in