engine for my 81

brandonk

Right now I don't have motor in my regal. I want to build one for street performance and show. However I am having a difficult time trying to decided what to put in it and I'm not sure where to start. Where can I find parts to build a turbo engine for my 81?, or does anyone have any reccomendation?

a few motors that will bolt in without much effort are:
Chevy small block, pontiac 350/400/455, buick V8, olds V8 and of course the buick turbo V6.
The easiest would be a V8 carbed motor.
I had a 84 relgal that i swaped a pontiac V8 into when i was 17, it took me a week to do it with basic hand tools. Im sure any of the other v8's are just as easy.

The hardest (i think any way) would be a turbo V6. You would have to change the fuel tank, proably the lines, the wiring from a turbo car, and of course a good motor and trans. Im sure there is a lot more. Many prople here have swapped the turbo V6 into various cars that did not originally have them, which makes for a unique ride, but also alot of work.
Just my opinion, im sure others will give theres.
Good luck with it;)
Mike

I have a brand new 1979-80 hot air turbo Buick mot still in the original crate. This is the carbed version, it also has the ECM too.

It also comes complete with all the new accesories on it, i.e. pump steering pump etc...

This motor just been sitting in a storage container for years, was once planning to drop into a model-T, but that never happened.

This should drop right into your car, no special mods.

I did a 400 chevy small block in a 81 Olds Cutlass...took me about a week. Hardest part was changing the motor mounts from the V6 to Chevy V8. And that was not that bad.;)

faced a similar dilemma with my 82 GN. Decided on a 455 figuring that it should stay all Buick. To properly do a late model turbo conversion you would just about need a complete parts car for wiring, fuel lines, accessories, and a whole lot of other stuff (conservative estimates had the cost to go 455 would run maybe 1/2 of what the turbo conversion would cost)