You can type here any text you want

Engine Girdle Torque Specs.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chevellejoe

Does anyone know the Torque Specs for an ESP engine girdle. The Main bearing caps i believe are 100ft-lbs but am not sure what the outer nuts are below the oil pan. The motor has ARP studs. Thanks.

Specs I use

90 --mains studs
25--pan rail studs
Both with ARP lube

Thanks, I did call ESP they didn’t pick up, kept getting answering machine, I left a message. I was able to find the installation instructions for the RJC Girdle.

90 --mains studs
25--pan rail studs
Both with ARP lube

I think it might be lower on the pan rail studs. I had 3 snapped studs using RJC's old torque specs which I think was 25. Been a while but I thought Jason said to use 18 ft/lbs.

Either way I would double check that.

I think it might be lower on the pan rail studs. I had 3 snapped studs using RJC's old torque specs which I think was 25. Been a while but I thought Jason said to use 18 ft/lbs.

Either way I would double check that.

Jason told me 20 on the pan rail studs. I too had several snap at 25 lbs/tq.

That makes sense. I thought it was 5 lbs less. Like I said, it's been a while. Still beat you with 3.:biggrin:

I actually had about 8 studs that were broke!! Man what a PITA to get out with the right stuff sealant all around them:biggrin:

Back