Engine guy in Chicago?

What are you looking to build? stock? beefed up? There are few local guys around. give me a buzz 630-965-1987.

Prasad

depending what you want . downers grove auto supply now a Napa store . I work with a guy that knows someone that works there. he had the machine shop before Napa took over.I guess the guy still has the machine shop. I bought a 455 from that place 20 years ago. That engine ran good . check them out.

Thanks for the input everyone. Thanks especially to Wickedv6 for the phone conversation. My project is a 52 Willys Pickup. I picked up a donor 86 GN setup over the weekend. Talk about jumping in with both feet. I am sure you will be seeing a lot of questions coming from me as I move along on this project. Wish me luck.

I don't know if Pete Barton does engines anymore.
If he does he would be a good choice as well.
IMO you can't lose with Dan Strezo,

Thanks for the input everyone. Thanks especially to Wickedv6 for the phone conversation. My project is a 52 Willys Pickup. I picked up a donor 86 GN setup over the weekend. Talk about jumping in with both feet. I am sure you will be seeing a lot of questions coming from me as I move along on this project. Wish me luck.

You are welcome Matt, we are all here to help each other.

Prasad

I don't know if Pete Barton does engines anymore.
If he does he would be a good choice as well.
IMO you can't lose with Dan Strezo,

John, Pete/ANS closed their doors about a year and a half ago. Pete is over at PTE with Harry now.

HTH

Prasad

Lonnie Diers is not that far either. I heard he builds a great motor too.
I'll be the 3rd person here to recommend Lonnie at Extreme Automatics. He built my engine and it has survived the beating I have put on it this year. He is in Cincinnati and is a TB.com vender.