You can type here any text you want

engine heats up 200-210 then stalls and turn off

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

klever

wondering if anybody can help me out... i took my gn for day ride... then after i notice he temp going up.. say 200-210 it would stall then turn and it would turn on agian then turn off right agian.... i would wait 10-15 min for it t cool down then it would be good until it would heat up agian... the fluids were good... so i think my first would be change the thermostat but i did that about a year ago. my fan starts right up when temp hit 160.. so i believe my radiator should be ok but anygood advice would be great from everybody... thanks..

I would say coolant temp sensor. If you have a scan tool see what it reads BEFORE you turn the car on. If its reading really hot from the get go its going to add less fuel when the actual temp starts to rise. Eventually it will stall out the car because its not getting enough fuel.

wondering if anybody can help me out... i took my gn for day ride... then after i notice he temp going up.. say 200-210 it would stall then turn and it would turn on agian then turn off right agian.... i would wait 10-15 min for it t cool down then it would be good until it would heat up agian... the fluids were good... so i think my first would be change the thermostat but i did that about a year ago. my fan starts right up when temp hit 160.. so i believe my radiator should be ok but anygood advice would be great from everybody... thanks..
it is heat related so i would start with trying another ignition module and or coil pack. sounds like there is a crack that is expanding when hot. a cheap part to check would be the temp sensor but i cant see that being it because the car will run without it hooked up. do you know anyone that you can swap parts

no i dont have a friend to swap parts.. i do have a scanmaster.. i will try to see if my coolant temp sensor is bad.. thanks guys..

it is heat related so i would start with trying another ignition module and or coil pack. sounds like there is a crack that is expanding when hot. a cheap part to check would be the temp sensor but i cant see that being it because the car will run without it hooked up. do you know anyone that you can swap parts

The car will run without it ,but it will default to the coldest temp the sensor can see so it will make it run rich.

my coolant temp sensor is okay.... should i start shopping for a ignition module? thanks

What temps did you run before this started happening?

i had the car for over a year... but never drove it much just recently i had a chance to work on it and drove it half a day and temp went up stalled then died... a guy a know what to trade it for 68 barracuda, really tempted right now..

Well i dont know if you have tried this or not yet but on my 3800 i had the same exact problem. i changed everything Coil, Ignition module, coolant sensor, ECM, Fuel Filter, fuel injectors, TPS, Mass air, lol like i said everything ( had a good donor car). My friend at the auto parts store had ran into the same thing and recommended changing the CPS .Well turns out it was the Crank Position Sensor. It went bad and when the car was around 200-210 it would just shut off idle and at speed. i could start it up again after like 15 min and run great but once it got hot again same thing. Try changing out the Crank sensor that may be your problem.

Well i dont know if you have tried this or not yet but on my 3800 i had the same exact problem. i changed everything Coil, Ignition module, coolant sensor, ECM, Fuel Filter, fuel injectors, TPS, Mass air, lol like i said everything ( had a good donor car). My friend at the auto parts store had ran into the same thing and recommended changing the CPS .Well turns out it was the Crank Position Sensor. It went bad and when the car was around 200-210 it would just shut off idle and at speed. i could start it up again after like 15 min and run great but once it got hot again same thing. Try changing out the Crank sensor that may be your problem.
yes that could be i forgot to mention that. because it is just like the coil pack having the goo in it and it can have a crack that grows with the heat and close back up with the cooling down period. i would change that since it is not costly

so today i am working on it with a buddy... now we start it let warm up for 30min but the clt range was only between 160-170 then i put on drive for about 2 min then it stalled and turned off... but the temp was only 172 it turn off... i try to immdiately start it but no luck.. then my friend sprayed brake cleaner in the intake and started right on.. so he suggest it was the fuel pressure.. will keep it guys posted on my progress... thanks..

ok so we found the problem... it not an over heating problem.. its that is loses fuel pressure then dies when it gets to 0 psi after a 20-30 min... so we are now think its the fuel pump... funny becuase the previous owner installed a new walbaro and hotwire kit about a year ago...

Try a search on FUBAR Walbro pumps... Yours could be 1 of them....

wow will do .. i am seeing ebay walbro 255 go for 100 shipped.. will most likely order them.. thanks

You might want to use a vendor from here so you will get the real deal. Do a quick search on Walbro pumps and you'll see what's up.

looking at full throttle vendor from here.. they say it is he newest walbro.. thanks

ok so we found the problem... it not an over heating problem.. its that is loses fuel pressure then dies when it gets to 0 psi after a 20-30 min... so we are now think its the fuel pump... funny becuase the previous owner installed a new walbaro and hotwire kit about a year ago...
nice find. glad to hear. a friend of mine from the board yangiant51 this happened to him his car would stall after 10 min of driving and here it was his pump.

thanks guys for helping.. i guess has those faulty walbro pump that lose pressure...

New Problem

well i have a new issue, finally got the chance to change to a new walbro 255 pump. Car starts fine fuel pressure at 39 psi. but as soon as I press on the throttle past the mid way put the fuel pressure starts dropping at around 20 psi and if i continue pressing on the throttle the car turn off. Any help i am lost?

Back