Engine not straight

1turbo6

well, I finally installed my new TA performance valve covers (nice pieces) today what a PITA!. I had a helluva time getting the passenger side on, I actually had to pry it back against the heaterbox sheild (not good) to get the bolts in. It is putting pretty good pressure on it and transfering some vibration into the car. while scratching my head I notice the engine sits a little croocked. I also noticed that the stock I/C shroud is not square to the swaybar there is more of a gap on the drivers side than the passenger side and I think that is pushing the passenger side VC towards the heaterbox. Has anybody come across a problem like this? Is there any way to adjust it? I put in a rebuilt engine last summer and used new mounts, but I dont think the lower mounts have ever been out of the car. How can I correct this? and is there a way to remove the heaterbox shield without pulling the engine? :confused:

There is a left and right engine mount. Did you put them on the correct side when you installed the engine?

the mounts seem to be correctly installed but, not sure how well they are made. the i/c shroud seem to sit a lil off also, it has an 1/8" gap on the p/s and about 1/2 on the drivers side. here are a few pics.

oops here you go

Attachments

• IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 211
how much adjustment can I get out of the crossmember? will it shift over a c/hair?