You can type here any text you want

Engine Oil Cooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

Happy thanksgiving all! Question do 86/87 turbo come with an engine oil cooler? I managed to break the crank in my original engine, got a running engine from a friend and I don't see the to and from connection on the engine side(by oil filter). Am I looking in the wrong place. This is my first time ever pulling and replacing an engine period.

Thanks,
Charles

The engine oil cooler is located in the radiator. You should have two lines coming out of the base of the oil filter adapter to the radiator tank.

The engine oil cooler is located in the radiator. You should have two lines coming out of the base of the oil filter adapter to the radiator tank.

Could a different adapter been put on. Because, I only see one connection it looks like, that has been blocked off. Wouldn't happen to have a picture you could post for would you? Pictures are worth a 1000 words. However, it should be straight forward enough to find.

Thanks,
Charles

I can't get to the car as it is raining with the cover on it. I did search the shop manual and have a shot of the radiator showing the two tanks, engine and trans coolers. There are two black hoses that run from the passenger side tank to the base of the oil filter.

Attachments

Back