Engine run-in stand

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
What is needed to make a run in stand for our motors ? This would be strictly for warm up / break in .

Some steel tubing a MIG welder and a case of beer, no big deal to build the engine stand .
But the wiring..........

Tough to say if its worth it to someone rebuilding an engine or two a year or every few years. Would need a spare wire harness too.

I guess I should clarify . For break-in purposes I was wondering more about the intake and fuel system , as in carb & manifold as apposed to a complete fuel injection with an ECM and all sensors .

I guess I should clarify . For break-in purposes I was wondering more about the intake and fuel system , as in carb & manifold as apposed to a complete fuel injection with an ECM and all sensors .
The engine stand we use, to do the engines w/ all "8 cylinders present", has the carb intake on it.;)

Might be simplified by using a carb and distributor. I can see it but still prob more work than just lower into her new home between the frame.

If you just want a mechanical break-in, a side draft motorcycle carb and distributor will bust it off.

I've been thinking about cobbling together a kit like that for years just for the hellovit.