You can type here any text you want

Engine Smoking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

elcaminodave

I have a 1984 stock T-Type and the engine smokes at startup at times. This happens when the car has been sitting for 4-5 hours and I start the car. I then get a puff of smoke. If the car has been sitting for a few minutes or over night, this does not happen. The engine had just been rebuilt before I bought the car about a year ago. Any thoughts? I thought it could be valve stem seals, but the car not doing it after if has sat up overnight has me confused. Thanks.

I have a 1984 stock T-Type and the engine smokes at startup at times. This happens when the car has been sitting for 4-5 hours and I start the car. I then get a puff of smoke. If the car has been sitting for a few minutes or over night, this does not happen. The engine had just been rebuilt before I bought the car about a year ago. Any thoughts? I thought it could be valve stem seals, but the car not doing it after if has sat up overnight has me confused. Thanks.

Just bouncing ideas off you, but any signs of a turbo seal going??? Have you checked that? Jason

I was wondering if it could possibly be turbo related. I have not checked seal. What is the best way to do that?

Back