You can type here any text you want

Engine spark plug wire question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

I am looking to replace the original grey ignition wires on my 86. I was thinking of going blue as I have seen them on some cars and like the look but I want the same type, exact length and quality as OEM or better with NO fitment issues. Any recommendations as to a brand and model number?

I had some blue Jacobs on mine for years but I'm back to some autolite grey ones I got on sale.

Jacobs and Taylor have blue jackets...I've had both...good quality. If you have originals, i'll take them off your hands :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of the mentioned wires come in the same lengths as the OEM or are they different?

I used Moroso Blue Max wires and used their extra sleeving over the wires, their heat shrink to hold the sleeving to the boots, and heat shrink numbers . They are cut to fit, so length is up to you. Cut, strip, and crimp on the coil pack end. DSC02655.JPG

How long should the factory OEM wires last? Is there a certain period of time after which the wires break down?? Should I be posting this question in another section???

Last edited:
Back