You can type here any text you want

engine tickomg?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

after its warmed up i hear a ticking from the front sounds like the front driver side cylinder almost like a slight knock but not thumping like a rod 114 thousand miles?

May or may not be this, but check your cam sensor. Might be worn. Sometimes it's the little things. I had a tick that drove me crazy till I touched the top cap of the cam sensor with a screwdriver and that's what it was. The location you describe is exactly where it is.

May or may not be this, but check your cam sensor. Might be worn. Sometimes it's the little things. I had a tick that drove me crazy till I touched the top cap of the cam sensor with a screwdriver and that's what it was. The location you describe is exactly where it is.

+1

Exhaust manifold leak makes a tick tick tick sound, reminds me of a valve tap. Check the usual spot between cylinder #3 and #5 where the collectors meet, look for a crack. Also if you have the cheap exhaust manifold gasket in there it will blow out over time and again the car will make the same sound.

Chuck

Back