You can type here any text you want

Engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Make sure engine is not locked up by turning crankshaft.
Pull dipstick and look/smell for antrifreeze.
Pull valve cover and look for sludge.
Conrad

Also if the balancer or flexplate is still on you can pull on the crank fore and aft to quickly check crank endplay. If it's noticeable chances are your thrust bearing is toast and the motor will need to be torn down and inspected further.

Guys I took off the oil pan,and there was some plastic particles in the pan.I also turned the crankshaft, and it turn freely with some compression sound.I look for for anything broken, but I didn't see any broken pieces.thanks

There is a timing gear on there it looks good. Do you think the old one fell in somehow.

does the timing gear have plastic coated teeth ? it it does small pieces fall off of it over time .. if it has no plastic teeth it may have been replaced with an aftermarket set and the person installing it never cleaned the pan out ?

On one of the rods, there's one with play.If I move it back and forth, it moves about 1/8 of an inch, is this really bad.

Back