You can type here any text you want

ERIC: TT Chip help (E85 / 30PSI initial knock at WOT)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sakudog

Eric,

TT Forum was timing out for me so I thought I'd ask for your input here. I've attached a log I made today with my manual boost controller set for about 30PSI. As you'll see from the log, right after WOT I get a little bit of knock and then as the A/F goes down and the turbo spools the knock is gone all is well.

Is there a way to increase WOT throttle with your chip, like a "power shot" type setting? Or decrease any delay that is there before PE fueling takes place?

Have you seen this before, could it be something else? Car is running awesome.

Attachments

First, I would read through the instructions that came with the chip, especially the part called "Tuning with the 6.1 Chip".

Then, you will see that the fuel correction is maxed out. The chip was originally setup with a WOT duty cycle to match a single 255 pump, which is too low for your current setup. So the correction learns upward throughout the run.

I would set the WOT base fuel to 150 (param 4), then set the target a/f's (param 1 & 2) to 11.3. See if that stabilizes things. The chip should be reburned with those as defaults also, but try it out first.

Regards,
Eric

First, I would read through the instructions that came with the chip, especially the part called "Tuning with the 6.1 Chip".

Then, you will see that the fuel correction is maxed out. The chip was originally setup with a WOT duty cycle to match a single 255 pump, which is too low for your current setup. So the correction learns upward throughout the run.

I would set the WOT base fuel to 150 (param 4), then set the target a/f's (param 1 & 2) to 11.3. See if that stabilizes things. The chip should be reburned with those as defaults also, but try it out first.

Regards,
Eric

Eric,

Just looking back at my order, I don't think there was a place to specify my RaceTronix Double Pumper setup. I'll see if I can increase the intial fueling with your recommended steps and report back. As always, thank you for the support!

Best,

Jeff

Ok so I was able to prove out that my knock was very false, my mufflers are banging around in the back. I did alter parameter 4 and it did get the AFR down faster than the stock burn settings. My injectors are just about maxed out in this cooler weather and 30psi.

Thanks so much Eric!

Now to decide on what turbo to go with on my new motor combo and talk with you :)

Back